Did the scanner SQTR Change?

Started by RVT, March 14, 2011, 11:03:32 PM

RVT

I just noticed BCUT is no longer part of the scanner qualification.  Apparently been moved to Observer.  Makes sense as the Scanner doesn't have a radio, at least not in either of the aircraft I have been in.  I just have a headset to talk to the rest of the crew.

Was this a recent change?  I work on Saturdays and not being able to get into a radio class was holding up my Scanner qualification.  I look today and its not on there anymore.  And I can't think of any reason for it to be on the Observer SQTR if scanner covered it, so that mush have changed as well.

I'm actually very happy about this - but I'm surprised this change happened without any comment or note.

ßτε

As far as I know, it was never part of the MS SQTR, only for MO and MP.

Eclipse

I don't recall BCUT ever being required for Scanner.

"That Others May Zoom"

RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2011, 11:16:25 PM
I don't recall BCUT ever being required for Scanner.

Can't find my old SQTR sheets, but I was almost sure MRO or something like that was required.  This is one of those cases where I'm very happy to be wrong.  I'm sure by the time I actually manage to fly twice I'll have the radio thing worked out.

SarDragon

The Mar 04 SQTR for MS does not have any tasks requiring BCUT, or anything else requiring the ability to transmit on a radio. There are a couple of tasks requiring the ability to understand what you are listening to on a radio (O-2019 and O-2020).

[edit] The May 01 CAPF 101-T also lacks any radio operator requirements.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret