Warning-Nothing to do with CAP

Started by Flying Pig, January 15, 2009, 02:34:06 AM

Flying Pig

Trying my hand at aviation photography.  But it is aerospace related!

JoeTomasone

Cool deal!   Hit up your local airshows; they are always good for aviation pictures.  Here's a few of mine:

caprr275

NIN

Took me several tries at Airliners.net to get a photo approved. They have *high* technical standards, but I managed to squeak this one thru:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Fairchild-OA-10A-Thunderbolt/0671638/M/
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

cap235629

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2009, 03:33:34 PM
Took me several tries at Airliners.net to get a photo approved. They have *high* technical standards, but I managed to squeak this one thru:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Fairchild-OA-10A-Thunderbolt/0671638/M/

That airframe's new home is the 188th TFW in Fort Smith Arkansas, and it is parked 500m from our squadron HQ!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Duke Dillio

^^^ Man I love me some of them pigs....

wuzafuzz

Here is a photo of exhaust from a missile launch at Vandenburg AFB, as seen from Bakersfield.  I shot this about 7-10 years ago when I still lived in So Cal.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 15, 2009, 02:46:34 AM

Cool deal!   Hit up your local airshows; they are always good for aviation pictures.  Here's a few of mine:

This one the Snowbirds?

PHall

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 18, 2009, 02:53:23 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 15, 2009, 02:46:34 AM

This one the Snowbirds?

Yep.

stratoflyer

Whoa! You guys have some really neat pics! Thanks for sharing.

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

maverik

What cameras do you guys use? They look great. I love me some pigs too  ;D ;)
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

JoeTomasone

Canon EOS-40D with a 20D as backup.

The shots I posted here were shot with a 100-400 L IS lens.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 18, 2009, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: PHall on January 18, 2009, 04:31:30 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 18, 2009, 02:53:23 AM

This one the Snowbirds?

Yep.

What he said.

I've wanted to see them for some time now, but they really don't do the little shows around, well, anywhere.  To see them would involve a bit of a road trip to a major show unless I caught them in IL.