Keeping "your" planes

Started by RiverAux, December 30, 2008, 01:01:36 AM

RiverAux

I have always been big on having as many personnel trained in every specialty as possible so that I have some "depth" when a mission comes up.  I usually figure if you have less than 3 people for a spot (such as Mission Pilot), your chances of being able to respond to all mission requests is not good.

Well, it appears that NHQ has taken this concept to heart (to a limited extent).  One of the functions in e-services is the Commander's Dashboard.  It provides a quick view of a bunch of metrics at the wing level, one of which is a reading of mission pilots per aircraft.  Along with the number they provide, they color code it based on how many pilots you've got:
Green= >5 mission pilots per aircraft
Yellow= 4-4.9 mission pilots per aircraft
Red= <4 mission pilots per aircraft

Personally, I would have adjusted this so Yellow is 4-5.9 pilots/aircraft and Green is >6 pilots/aircraft.

Also on the Commander's Dashboard are these statistics:
Aircraft Utilization Rate (Ratio of avg hours per plane this FY compared to 16.6 hours/month/aircraft (200 hours/year))
Green= >90%
Yellow= 85-89%
Red= <85%

Cadet Orientation Rides (Percentage of cadets with at least one o-ride)
Green= >80%
Yellow= 51-79%
Red= <50%

Proficiency Flying (B12 hours/C-17 hours)
Green= >90%
Yellow= 70-89%
Red= <70%

This one I really don't understand.  Why are the number of hours of proficiency flying being compared to the number of hours of form5 and form91 rides done outside of AFAMs?  I don't see why this is important.  However, I would think a more meaningful number might be the average hours of proficency flying per mission pilot though even that doesn't really tell you much, especially if you are in an area with so many missions that regular proficiency flying is kind of redundant. 

bosshawk

Veddy Interesting!!!!!!

Using the National matrix, CAWG is "red".  At last count, we had slightly less than 100 qualified MPs for 27 airplanes.

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777