Pilot headsets for under $150 with Active noise canceling!!!!

Started by Pumbaa, November 28, 2008, 02:31:03 PM

Pumbaa

NOTE: Corrected due to price change this AM.

From Pro-Travel Gear
For those looking to try out an Active noise canceling headset built like a Dave Clark check this out.. They are clearing them out for $149.00  Then use the following coupon code and get another 40% off!!  AFTERTG  Good til midnight tonight only!!

In other words you get pilot headset for under $150.00 with active noise canceling.

I just spoke to the owner as I had ordered last night without the discount and I got an email with the code 6 hours later!  He was real nice and refunded me the difference.  He asked if I could get the word out.  They only have about 20 left.

They also have a set they are developing for Blackhawk/ Helo pilots too.  Chopper pilots might want to call.

FYI: I do not work for the company, I just thought this was a great price!

Solitude AV-X TM Noise Reduction Pilot Headset is a headset that can isolate offset and cancel noises. Using our proprietary noise-canceling algorithm, we can now offer the same excellent noise cancellation that you have come to enjoy with our non-aviation Solitude TM models with our AV-X TM model. In comparison with other conventional and ANR headsets, it can, under noisy circumstances, provide a quieter and more comfortable sensation, by reducing background noise.

https://www.protravelgear.com/store/headsets_and_earphones/solitude_av-x_anr_headphone_with_cobra_microphone.cfm

O-Rex

Pumbaa

I am going to stand slightly corrected.  It looks like they just changed the price to $220 before the discount!!!  I guess I got the best deal of the day!!!!

O-Rex

Still a bargain.

You know, with all the snivel-gear stuff we've talked about over the years, I've never seen a "what headset do you use" thread.

Pumbaa

Yes it still is a bargain.  From my discussion with the owner this AM, he said they are built like DAvid Clark HS's.. In other words field replaceable/ fixable.  i think I'll start that thread you mentioned.  Might be interesting!

Eeyore

Just went to check out, with the free shipping and the discount code the total comes out to $132.57.  Good deal.

DG

wingnut55

Cheap Chinese knock offs, I am sure you can believe the claim that it attenuated 21 DB.

The FAA has some input on such devices, I am sure it has not been checked out by the FAA to be used in Aircraft.

If it looks too good to be true

what is the number of Chinese baby's sick , and how much lead was in our toy's, China has little if any quality control

Pumbaa

Made in North Carolina, based off the Dave Clarks...

Spoke directly with the person who created the ANR algorithms.

just received mine and they look and feel great.  Once the weather clears I will get up in the air to give them a shake down.

Eeyore

I also just got mine and they don't feel like cheap knock offs at all. Very sturdy and comfortable.

I also have not had a chance to get in a plane and test them out, but so far so good.