Main Menu

Checklists

Started by scooter, February 16, 2014, 10:57:33 PM

scooter

I was just reviewing the CAP approved standardized checklist on the pilot stan eval page. Looks like they tried to build generic checklist or each model.

I looked up 182Rs. They somehow got some things backwards. Check pitot heat on cockpit preflight but remove cover later when peflighting the wing. Gonna eat ups some pitot covers. 

Just for fun checked an RG checklist. It does not even mention gear up after takeoff or gear down....check the light before landing. No mention of checking hyd reservoir either.

Removing the tow bar is now on the checklist but it is removed when preflighting the nose. If you preflight in the hangar, then the tow bar is removed before pulling the plane out on the ramp.

Seems like they tried to do these in a hurry and did not prof them with an airplane or actual flights. The checklist are pretty good except for some thing like these mistakes and some others.

Flying Pig

Nothing better than getting in a CAP plane and pulling out the checklist from the map pocket and finding a checklist for a Piper Arrow...........  when you are in a 182. 

a2capt

..and guess what? Ultimately it's your fault! :)

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

I recommend using the manufactures checklists.

PHall

Quote from: Mission Pilot on February 17, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

The manufacturer's checklist doesn't cover our CAP specific equipment.  i.e. the DF and CAP radios and such.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: PHall on February 18, 2014, 12:42:22 AM
Quote from: Mission Pilot on February 17, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

The manufacturer's checklist doesn't cover our CAP specific equipment.  i.e. the DF and CAP radios and such.

Sure they do: Avionics On/Avionics Off

a2capt