Main Menu

NESA W&B

Started by Check Pilot/Tow Pilot, January 20, 2013, 06:36:24 PM

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Anyone have the W&B excel spreadsheet used at NESA with the multiple planes?

JeffDG

Don't have the NESA one, but I can give you one that does multiple planes, with graphs fro the 172 and 182 automagically created.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Thanks Jeff, sent you a PM.  Anyone else have a multiple plane CAP W&B?

JeffDG

Just replied...

No good reason not to share here...

You will see the "Planes" tab has all the aircraft listed.  Feel free to put your own in here.  If you need more, make sure you insert rows above the "EndOfList" entry in A11.

Once you have your planes, the CG Envelopes tab has you W&B all set there.  You select the plane (will populate from your list on the Planes tab in D2, then fill in your information.  The "Yellow" cells are for your entries.

It will also determine whether you are overweight or out of CG envelope.  It also keeps a running total of how much weight (and the number of gallons of fuel equivalent  are remaining...they will be negative if you go over, telling you how many gallons of fuel to remove (sorry, this doesn't calculate CG issues with fuel addition or removal, you'll have to actually plug the numbers in for that).

The graph below the table automatically adjusts for different aircraft (based on the data in the Planes tab), so if you change from a 172 to a 182, the graph will draw a new envelope for you.

Hope this works well for you!

sparks

The NESA W&B program is actually one borrowed from the Kentucky wing. I don't think it is exportable.

JeffDG

I see a few folks have downloaded my W&B sheet.

If you have feedback/suggestions, lemme know...I'm always looking for ways to improve the tool.

rframe

Quote from: JeffDG on January 22, 2013, 01:00:53 PM
If you have feedback/suggestions, lemme know...I'm always looking for ways to improve the tool.

Nice job.  I've seen and made a lot of Excel W&B, but plotting it on the envelope is a really neat feature.

JeffDG

Thanks...that was a pain to do, but once I figured it out, it wasn't so bad.

The other tough part was figuring out the forward CG limit for each weight in the range where it varies with weight so it would properly determine out of CG in that range.  Brought back high school geometry where y=mx+b, then trying to code it into an Excel formula.

starshippe

heres my cg plot, with tick marks on the weight and cg axes showing max and min wt/cg. the red blocks are full fuel and empty fuel points, with the empty wt/cg shown as the magenta triangle.
   if theres any interest, just shoot me an email at starshippe at comcast dot net.
   the blue envelope is drawn from info entered in the spreadsheet.
   i usually just use a different sheet for each aircraft.

bill

Bayareaflyer 44

Just as an FYI, saw one in eServices.

eServices > Ops Quals > Training Material  > G1000 Information and the last selection is Weight_and_Bal_10a.xls

Looks like it has all the G1000 airframe types.

Would love to be able to use that Corvalis W&B!   :)

P

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418