Main Menu

Satellite Cadet Squadron

Started by Stonewall, August 09, 2007, 05:12:15 PM

Stonewall

Anyone else ever read this book?  As a cadet, three senior members walked into the squdron meeting all bearing the same last name, "DERINGER".  They were there to sell their book entitled Satellite Cadet Squadron.  Naturally, I had to buy one.  I think it was around 1987 and I spent the next 2 or 3 days in school reading it.  I don't remember too much about it but I remember loving it and being motivated even more about CAP.

I just did a quick search and found that it was published in 1985.  Funny, it didn't have a publish date in the book.  I bought it for $6.00 and got it signed, but found it online, used, for up to $26.

Think I may read it again. 
Serving since 1987.

alamrcn

Quote from: Stonewall on August 09, 2007, 05:12:15 PMthree senior members walked into the squdron meeting

...the fourth one ducked!  < badum-dum-rimshot>

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

jimmydeanno

I have a copy, it's alright, it's about as entertaining as a book about one person's experience in CAP can get.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Maj Ballard

We have (quite literally) hundreds of copies in Group 2 FLWG... If you need some, let me know. The family gave them to CAP a few months ago. I believe they're all the remaining copies that exist. No more are to be printed. We plan to give new cadets a copy perhaps.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

Stonewall

Well then, Leslie.  Invite me to visit your squadron or let me teach at something and I'd be glad to accept a free copy or two.

Nice to see you here.  Long time no talk.
Serving since 1987.