Main Menu

National Conference

Started by lordmonar, August 12, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

A.Member

Quote from: JeffDG on August 13, 2014, 06:44:47 PM
Quote from: A.Member on August 13, 2014, 06:42:55 PM
I understand what you were saying.  However, it's a comment that is often thrown out as some quippy response meant to marginalize the issue and evoke an emotional response.  However, it really mischaracterizes and, to me, shows a lack of depth in understanding risk discussions.
I understand what you're saying.  However, those who say that "You can never get to zero incidents." is almost always an excuse for "I don't want to try."
And that's why I called it a Straw Man because that's not my position at all.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

James Shaw

We're well off topic here so I'm not going to respond tit for tat but if you're somehow suggesting what is taking place by National is done so at the hands of those with some vastly superior and unique level of skill set, you couldn't be more mistaken.  As I stated previously, what has taken place is Bush league at best.   
[/quote]

No I am not suggesting that. However: what I am saying is that the process has to start somewhere and that place should be from the top leadership down.

We should take a more proactive approach and that is what I believe, they are trying to do.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

JeffDG

Quote from: A.Member on August 13, 2014, 06:47:52 PM
I understand what you were saying.  However, it's a comment that is often thrown out as some quippy response meant to marginalize the issue and evoke an emotional response.  However, it really mischaracterizes and, to me, shows a lack of depth in understanding risk discussions.
I understand what you're saying.  However, those who say that "You can never get to zero incidents." is almost always an excuse for "I don't want to try."

So is claiming that I have a "lack of depth in understanding risk discussions", but that didn't seem to bother you to claim that.

A.Member

Quote from: JeffDG on August 13, 2014, 06:50:25 PM
Quote from: A.Member on August 13, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

So is claiming that I have a "lack of depth in understanding risk discussions", but that didn't seem to bother you to claim that.
Fair enough.  So, now we're even. :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: LSThiker on August 13, 2014, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 13, 2014, 02:35:37 PM
Quote from: Angus on August 13, 2014, 01:58:52 PM
Wow that was a cool museum as I remember it.  They close all the good stuff there, I know the Star Trek Experience is gone.

That was absolutely awesome.  I got to see Borg 4D as well, very cool, but not as neat as STTE the first time through.

Ohhhh myyyy.  Okay everyone, raise your hand if you are a Star Trek nerd

I have been ever since childhood.

I have met Marina Sirtis (Counsellor Troi, gorgeous and very nice), Michael Dorn (Worf, and an excellent candidate for CAP) and Jonathan Frakes (potty mouth with kids in the audience).  Actually, I didn't meet Frakes as he didn't mingle or sign autographs like the other two.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

LSThiker

She was attractive until Ezri Dax. Then when Yoshi (Linda Parks) came into the picture, neither compared. IMHO

ProdigalJim

Is there any kind of CAPTalk meet up happening?
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

Quote from: ProdigalJim on August 13, 2014, 08:20:55 PM
Is there any kind of CAPTalk meet up happening?

Heh - take them all out in one swath...

"That Others May Zoom"

capmaj

Any chance we can swing this back on topic? A lot of us couldn't make it out there and would like to get some info as to what's taking place.

JeffDG

Quote from: capmaj on August 13, 2014, 09:35:30 PM
Any chance we can swing this back on topic? A lot of us couldn't make it out there and would like to get some info as to what's taking place.

The Operations pre-conference is today.

Eclipse

It doesn't start until Thursday, not much to say until then.  The other activities are tangential at best.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Sure when it starts, people will post relevant and on-topic conversations.  At that time, this thread will somewhat return to topic.

Garibaldi

So, will this be the national conference where they decide to give us ABUs?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 14, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

Yes, that has been confirmed.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

So....back to the National Board.

Met some CAP talkers.   

Had the second session of Air Crew Survival.

Mary Feik is here now.  Met Chief Todd.  There seems to be 5 of us CAP NCOs here now.

Opening reception is tomorrow.   

I'm working the front desk coordinating the cadets working the conference.   Drop buy and say hi!

Shout outs to Tim Medeiros, Prodigal Jim, a2Capt!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

The Big V .. has the 2005 39-1 on the table .. Kinda ironic.

MSG Mac

I might have been standing next to you when you discovered the discrepancy.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Fubar

Quote from: lordmonar on August 14, 2014, 03:58:17 AMThere seems to be 5 of us CAP NCOs here now.

Isn't it dangerous having all of you in one place?  ;D

NIN

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 14, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

"I would like the digitals."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: lordmonar on August 14, 2014, 03:58:17 AM
So....back to the National Board.

Met some CAP talkers.   

Had the second session of Air Crew Survival.

Mary Feik is here now.  Met Chief Todd.  There seems to be 5 of us CAP NCOs here now.

Opening reception is tomorrow.   

I'm working the front desk coordinating the cadets working the conference.   Drop buy and say hi!

Shout outs to Tim Medeiros, Prodigal Jim, a2Capt!

And don't forget AlphaSigOU! :)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040