Emergency Services patch

Started by Anderson#3, July 18, 2018, 09:25:45 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: Lord of the North on September 25, 2018, 06:30:24 PM
Quote from: Eclipse link[quot=topic=23377.msg419023#msg419023 date=1537842325
Are you sure about that?  Because supplements and OIs at every other level expire when a Commander is replaced,
have to be re-submitted for approval by the new CC, and are unenforceable until the new version has been properly approved.

Citation Please

I already acknowledged that I didn't know if this was a regulatory mandate...

Quote from: Eclipse on September 25, 2018, 02:25:25 AM
I don't know that the regs even speak to that issue directly, but that is certainly SOP for the organisation.

However is is absolutely SOP - we've had the issue very recently.  NHQ indicating that none of
our sups or even local forms can be used, mandated, or enforced until the new Wing CC signs off on them,
even if they are unchanged.

This has been the case since I've been in.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on September 25, 2018, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Lord of the North on September 25, 2018, 06:30:24 PM
Are you sure about that?  Because supplements and OIs at every other level expire when a Commander is replaced,
have to be re-submitted for approval by the new CC, and are unenforceable until the new version has been properly approved.

Citation Please

I already acknowledged that I didn't know if this was a regulatory mandate...

I don't know that the regs even speak to that issue directly, but that is certainly SOP for the organisation.

However is is absolutely SOP - we've had the issue very recently.  NHQ indicating that none of
our sups or even local forms can be used, mandated, or enforced until the new Wing CC signs off on them,
even if they are unchanged.

This has been the case since I've been in.

I certainly believe that's how it used to be (that's how I remember it), but it seems that that has changed. Now supps/OIs need to be re-certified annually; re-certifying upon change of command is only suggested.

Quote from: CAPR 1-28.3.4. Supplement and Operating Instruction Certification. In the anniversary month of each supplement or OI, the administrative officer of the unit that issued the publication (CAP/DA for NHQ OIs) will ensure the OPR certifies the publication is still current and essential. Administrative officers will inform CAP/DA of the certifier's name and the date the certification was made. CAP/DA will reflect the certification date on the CAP publications website. Commanders are encouraged to review unit supplements and OIs, and direct their re-certification upon assuming command.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse