Main Menu

Form 24

Started by Angus, January 26, 2010, 05:05:48 PM

Angus

I'm having issues when I hit search and nothing is comming up and I could have sworn I read something about it so please excuse any repition.

I just completed the OBC and it's now posted to my e-services.  I sent an email to my PDO so they could fill out the Form 24 as this was the last thing I needed to complete my Level II.  Once they fill out the paperwork if it's done on-line how long until the Level II shows up?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

SilverEagle2

A day or two. If your PDO does it right.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Angus

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was like some of our in-house online testing and showed up right away. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

davidsinn

My level 2 took a week to post from an emailed F24.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SilverEagle2

My level 3 posted next day after my form email was sent it in.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

rjfoxx

Mine was sent to NHQ over a week ago by my Sq CC; nothing yet in e-services.
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

JoeTomasone

I'm on Wing staff, our PDO processed and forwarded my 24 - I'm not sure if that goes right to Nat'l or needs to be blessed by the Wg/CC, but I'm waiting as well.    Not sure why I'm feeling so impatient since I can't pin on my tracks for another few months, but I keep telling myself it's the TIG thing.   :D   

Cecil DP

If you're on Wing Staff, it has to be signed by the Wing Commander, because he is your immediate Commander.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Cecil DP

Quote from: Flint on January 26, 2010, 05:05:48 PM
I'm having issues when I hit search and nothing is comming up and I could have sworn I read something about it so please excuse any repition.

I just completed the OBC and it's now posted to my e-services.  I sent an email to my PDO so they could fill out the Form 24 as this was the last thing I needed to complete my Level II.  Once they fill out the paperwork if it's done on-line how long until the Level II shows up?

You have to sign it before your commander does. First signature block is Requestor-That's you That maybe the holdup. If you had filled one out , signed it, and that e-mailed to your PDO You'd have it.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Cecil DP on January 26, 2010, 09:36:26 PM
If you're on Wing Staff, it has to be signed by the Wing Commander, because he is your immediate Commander.

OK - wasn't sure if that can be delegated to the PDO.

SilverEagle2

Retracted

Level II is fuzzy as to who
Level III by the PDO
Level IV & V by the Unit CC
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

MSG Mac

Quote from: SilverEagle2 on January 26, 2010, 10:51:30 PM
Retracted

Level II is fuzzy as to who
Level III by the PDO
Level IV & V by the Unit CC

When in doubt read the line that says "Commander"
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SilverEagle2

Sorry, my post was a little vague. The requester per 50-17 para 2-6(b) 5-8 was listed for each level.

Level II requires a CAPF 24 from the Unit CC however it does not state who the requester is.

Level III-V does.

One can infer that like Level I, IV, and V the Unit CC requests.

Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

EMT-83

We had this discussion in another thread. For Level 2, the form can be submitted via email and no signatures are required.

I've been having the CC email F24s, since they need his approval. As PDO, I send the PD forms. It only takes a couple of days to show up on eServices.

teesquared

I've had pretty good luck with faxing forms to NHQ.  I always include a cover sheet with contact info for me, in case there a problem.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

Eclipse

Faxing makes angels cry.   :'(

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Yeah, why go to all that trouble?

Quote from: the pubs home pagea. Forms listed with an asterisk (*) may be transmitted without a person's actual signature via e-mail only.
(1) Complete the form and place the name, title and unit of the signing authority in the signature block of the form and save the file.
(2) Prepare e-mail and ensure the name, title and unit of the signing authority is in body of the e-mail and attach the file (form) to the e-mail.

It's almost foolproof. Almost.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: teesquared on February 02, 2010, 12:36:15 AM
I've had pretty good luck with faxing forms to NHQ.  I always include a cover sheet with contact info for me, in case there a problem.

I did as well until Jen at NHQ told me they got a new fax machine. Her description made me think it was one of the multi function machines we had got for all the squadrons in RIWG. Not up to the volume they get there.

Camas

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 26, 2010, 08:50:31 PM
I'm on Wing staff, our PDO processed and forwarded my 24 - I'm not sure if that goes right to Nat'l or needs to be blessed by the Wg/CC.
For Level II if you're assigned to your wing headquarters then the wing commander has to sign it. It's a good question because there are a number of wing staff members throughout CAP who remain assigned to a unit. In that case the unit commander would approve it and send it directly to National; wing isn't involved.