Level II Complete!!! On to Level III

Started by abdsp51, September 07, 2012, 09:21:58 PM

EMT-83

Quote from: Cool Mace on September 13, 2012, 02:13:06 AM
Hee hee, Thanks Astra!

I've sent the forms in, and even talked with NHQ. All the did was tell me to look at the regs for it. I quoted the regs in my next email, along with the attachment (again), and still nothing. My squadron PDO has done the same, and no response. I'm going to check on it again tomorrow.

Fun stuff...  ;)
If your squadron PDO doesn't know what's happening, his next inquiry should be to Wing DPD. It's his job to resolve these types of issues.

I'm guessing that you're using cadet experience as credit towards your Level II. As an Eaker cadet, I hope that you are. There are very specific requirements on requesting that credit.

Also, emailed applications must come from the squadron commander, from his specific email account that's registered in eServices. That's what NHQ considers an electronic signature on the document. It is not appropriate for members to be submitting their own PD applications directly to NHQ.

spacecommand

Quote from: Devil Doc on September 09, 2012, 02:06:37 AM
Once i get my Specialty Track, and do SLS, i should be done with Lvl 2 bye Decemberish?

No, you need to have a Technician rating in a specialty track, not just have a specialty track.  Depending on the specialty track, it takes time. 

-Technician in a specialty track
-Officer Basic Course (or PME equiv)
-SLS

abdsp51

Thats what i did for OBC.  And when I complete my course 14 hopefully I'll be able to use that towards RSC or NSC.

Cool Mace

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 13, 2012, 02:33:35 AM
If your squadron PDO doesn’t know what’s happening, his next inquiry should be to Wing DPD. It’s his job to resolve these types of issues.

I’m guessing that you’re using cadet experience as credit towards your Level II. As an Eaker cadet, I hope that you are. There are very specific requirements on requesting that credit.

Also, emailed applications must come from the squadron commander, from his specific email account that’s registered in eServices. That’s what NHQ considers an electronic signature on the document. It is not appropriate for members to be submitting their own PD applications directly to NHQ.
[/quote]

My CC was the one that sent it in the first, and second time. When nothing was coming from it, he asked me to inquire about it.

I am using my cadet experience for my Level II, and I can't find anything in the regs on why it would be held up after the first and second letter where sent in properly.

Anyone have any idea on this?

EDIT: Tired to fix the quote, and didn't work...
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

EMT-83

Quote from: Cool Mace on September 13, 2012, 01:39:02 PMAnyone have any idea on this?

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 13, 2012, 02:33:35 AMIf your squadron PDO doesn't know what's happening, his next inquiry should be to Wing DPD. It's his job to resolve these types of issues.

AdAstra

Aren't we all looking for that elusive secret reg that lists who gets to hold up which request for the what reasons. No one is holding up to the light the photocopied-scanned-FAXed attachment of your Earhart certificate to determine if it's been doctored or forged.  ;)

As far as I can tell, it's a simple data-entry "problem." Cadets who earned the Mitchell receive credit for Level I; this goes back at least 40 years. Today, "Mitchell" in your cadet record in eServices seems to automatically trigger an entry of "Foundations." The newly-approved credit for Earhart still requires someone in NHQ/DP to manually enter "SLS" ("Earhart equivalent"?) in your record. Then and only then will you be able to complete Level II.

EMT-3 is right: talk to your Wing Director of PD. He/she should contact NHQ/DP and resolve this fairly easily.
Charles Wiest

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: AdAstra on September 13, 2012, 04:52:18 PM
EMT-3 is right: Ask your PDO to talk to your Wing Director of PD. He/she should contact NHQ/DP and resolve this fairly easily.

+10

Jen at NHQ/PD is great to deal with. I was able to hit refresh in services while on the phone with her and see issues fixed.

Cool Mace

CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.

EMT-83

Quote from: AdAstra on September 13, 2012, 04:52:18 PMEMT-3 is right: talk to your Wing Director of PD. He/she should contact NHQ/DP and resolve this fairly easily.

No, I said the PDO should talk to the DPD. It's amazing how quickly problems can get solved when the proper procedures and chain of command are followed.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 13, 2012, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: AdAstra on September 13, 2012, 04:52:18 PMEMT-3 is right: talk to your Wing Director of PD. He/she should contact NHQ/DP and resolve this fairly easily.

No, I said the PDO should talk to the DPD. It's amazing how quickly problems can get solved when the proper procedures and chain of command are followed.

Edited my agreement in earlier post to PDO talks to DPD.

Garibaldi

Quote from: phirons on September 13, 2012, 06:57:52 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on September 13, 2012, 06:12:20 PM

Edited my agreement in earlier post to PDO talks to DPD.

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the DPD is such a VIP, shouldn't he keep conversation with the PDO on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the CC he could end up SOL, and then we'd all be put on 2B.

I love NyQuil...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

ColonelJack

^^  Now that's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!

:clap:

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

MSG Mac

Quote from: ßτε on September 08, 2012, 06:47:00 AM
Sending a CAPF 24 for level II to group for approval is not required in CAWG. Doing so will most certainly delay the process. The Squadron Commander should send the approved form directly to NHQ,  preferably as an attachment to an email sent to Lmmeforms@capnhq.gov.

There isn't even a slot for the Group Commander to sign on the F24
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Cool Mace

My Level II has finally gone through! It only took 6 months to process it, but it's there.

Now for TIG to Capt. 
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.

abdsp51

Quote from: Cool Mace on September 19, 2012, 03:32:38 PM
My Level II has finally gone through! It only took 6 months to process it, but it's there.

Now for TIG to Capt.

Congrats on it finally finally going through.  I just have my TIG fro 1st Lt and then Capt as well. 

Cool Mace

Thank you, sir. About a year to go now.

Funny how they say the older you get, the faster time goes by. Even at a young age, I'm seeing it. So not too long now.  ;)
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.

Devil Doc

Btw, what is an TIG? How does it relate to rank?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

SarDragon

YGBSM!

It's Time In Grade, the same as the Navy uses to determine promotions.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on September 19, 2012, 09:07:53 PM
YGBSM!

It's Time In Grade, the same as the Navy uses to determine promotions.

Seriously - a rack like that and you've never heard the term TIG?

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

DUH, I had an Blond Moment, sorry. Ive never seen it abbreviated, my agent orange started to act up. My apologies.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.