Main Menu

Recruitment Flyer

Started by AndrewA74, January 11, 2011, 03:59:20 AM

AndrewA74

Howdy folks,
I'm looking for a generic flyer that describes CAP activities and CAP photos that could also have a place for contact information? I've seen these made before and I'm wondering if anyone has made one of these and would be willing to share theirs? Thanks
C/SMSgt Austin

a2capt

There is also the stuff from NHQ:

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/recruiting_and_retention/recruiting_material.cfm

Check out what they have available, perhaps something can be used as-is and supplemented with a page about your unit and some pictures from recent activities. Pictures should have cadets visible and in varied uniforms, doing more than drill. Launching rockets, working on AE projects, digging shelters, etc. But don't forget parades, color guard presentations, etc.  As well, some 'action shots' during meetings. A gallery of your local unit's activities on it's web site is a great thing to further reference on anything you hand out.

jeders

Quote from: a2capt on January 11, 2011, 04:05:33 AM

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/recruiting_and_retention/recruiting_material.cfm

Those are alright, these are better. They can be found along with a great guide on the pipeline recruiting method that National wants us to use for cadet recruiting. Funny thing, National used to link to the CS ones, but they don't seem to anymore.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Thom

Quote from: jeders on January 11, 2011, 01:59:28 PM

Those are alright, these are better. They can be found along with a great guide on the pipeline recruiting method that National wants us to use for cadet recruiting. Funny thing, National used to link to the CS ones, but they don't seem to anymore.

The CS posters evince a complete lack of Triangle Thingys, of course NHQ doesn't link to them anymore!

Thom

mclarke

Go into eservices and there should on the left side be a link for "materials". You can order (no cost and no shipping cost) posters, brocheres, and have them sent to your home. I just ordered a whole lot of them, and have been putting them up in schools and colleges at this time. I am looking to soon add them to the police dept, fire dept, maybe city official office buildings, and more.

Also, look for carnivals, fairs, air shows, and other events that may have a pay off to set up a recruiting booth. Bussiness cards help as well (but check regulations, I think there is a specific layout required for all CAP bussiness cards.)

RADIOMAN015

Check out what they have available, perhaps something can be used as-is and supplemented with a page about your unit and some pictures from recent activities. Pictures should have cadets visible and in varied uniforms, doing more than drill. Launching rockets, working on AE projects, digging shelters, etc. But don't forget parades, color guard presentations, etc.  As well, some 'action shots' during meetings. A gallery of your local unit's activities on it's web site is a great thing to further reference on anything you hand out.
Cost is always a factor in squadron operations.  My suggestion is as above to use the HQ CAP provided brochure and stick labels in the unit contract information area.  Ideally you also have a website that shows squadron activities with pictures and what the event was about.  Ensure you put the website address on the brochure.   This will have perspective cadets & seniors and idea of what your unit does on a regular basis.  Good luck in your recruiting efforts!!!

RM   

NIN

FYI, flyers can be created and distributed cheaply.  I used to order the NHQ materials by the boat load (No kidding, BITD you could order like every 2 months or once a quarter or something, and you can be on day 61 or 91, I was on the NHQ recruiting material site, ordering another box full... If you were trying to get your hands on recruiting materials in the 1999-2005 time frame, it was my fault you could not!), but after awhile the recruiting brochures were just not as effective as our unit open house program and flyers.

We would put a brochure (senior or cadet) into the respective new member packet, but that was it.  The stuff I tried to order LOTS of was the ancillary materials: the Plane & Pilot magazine article reprints, the reprint from Air Force Magazine, etc.  We used a few of these on any kind of "recruiting display" we did, sure, but by and large they went into the new member packets we handed out at the open house as "reinforcement" to our presentations and other open house materials.

A brochure, by and large, doesn't cut it anymore.  A unit website (a good one, or, at least, and up to date and informative one) is far, far more important. And like I said, flyers work pretty well.

Remember: the maximum effective range of recruiting is one meter. anything beyond that is advertising.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.