Increased Safety Requirements For Cadet Activities

Started by captrncap, June 16, 2009, 04:26:29 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: RiverAux on June 25, 2009, 08:08:49 PM
So, if ORM works, we should see a reduction in encampment-related injuries for activities in July and August of this year (too late to really expect them to be implemented in June).  Now, I'll be fair and say that one year's test is probably not adequate to really judge the new requirement due to the small sample size of accidents (even last year which was supposedly so bad).   
Unfortunately, the Safety Sentinel hasn't published any accident information for July or August (nothing since June for some reason) so I may not ever be able to see if facts back up my thoughts.

RiverAux

Just thought I'd mention that the latest safety newsletter says that cadet injuries are on the rise -- thank god for our ramped up safety program or no telling how bad it would be  >:D

Incidentally, I am not very impressed with the fact that they are no longer regularly publishing safety statistics.  I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, but I'm beginning to wonder if they're trying to hide the results of all the safety programs that have been implemented.  With a regular newsletter that needs content, you think a table showing long term safety trends would be a good candidate for publication.