Florida Wing civil air patrol,cadet winter encampment.

Started by jayzze, November 13, 2008, 04:18:01 AM

Cecil DP

"If you can't say something good, say nothing at all"
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Timbo

Quote from: Hookedonlemons on January 06, 2009, 02:17:15 AM
Wow no update, anyone?
Couldn't have been THAT bad

Any banquet fiascos?
Flight themes?

Someone knows something..............don't keep us in suspense.  Better to hear it here than on Youtube. 

Actually........lets lock this one up.  This is only leading to bashing of individuals and that Encampment.

I would like to see some pics, though!!   

BuckeyeDEJ

I don't think I'm violating any confidence, since an announcement was sent to the entire wing, but those cadets -- who reportedly had some rank -- were sent home for not adhering to proper decorum. 

I'm hoping that if there's any relevance to our squadrons' cadet operations, at least a confidential e-mail will be sent to squadron commanders to enlighten them -- for future preventative reasons.

I'm sure the speculation will fly like birds at the end of a much-used runway, but I hope we can read between the lines and let this discussion end, if for no other reason than for the sake of the cadets involved.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Hookedonlemons

Decorum...
So they were sent home for yelling or hazing?

Are there any pictures or daily doolie things up somewhere?

SarDragon

I think you've heard all that you are going to hear on this forum, so why not let it rest?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JoeTomasone

I was there and have knowledge of what went on, but do not feel comfortable releasing what Wing did not; nor do I have anything to comment regarding the Encampment in general other than to say that the training was accomplished, the food was outstanding, and I met some outstanding members from both the Cadet and Senior corps.

I haven't gone through the 2500 pictures (or so) that I took, but if the thread remains open, I'll post a few later this week, perhaps.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Hookedonlemons on January 06, 2009, 07:18:59 AM
Are there any pictures or daily doolie things up somewhere?

My understanding was that Wing would be publishing both, but I know nothing beyond that.

stratoflyer

Whoa, what a tone for this thread. Ok....

Waiting on those pics. If it gets closed, than someone just start another thread just for pics of the encampment and no speculatin' or rumorin'.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Timbo

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 06, 2009, 02:44:21 PM
I was there and have knowledge of what went on, but do not feel comfortable releasing what Wing did not.....

No need to leave everyone in suspense.  You didn't have to post that.  All we want are your pictures.  We would be very happy.  I have a Nephew who attended, I also know what went on, but I just want to see if I can see him in any pics.  So, when  this gets closed later today or tomorrow (we know it will) will you please start up a new thread just for the pics, or direct us to where they are located?!?

JoeTomasone

I have had people ask me in PM what happened (and several others know that I went), and wanted to state my position publicly. 

If you let me know who your nephew is, I'll see if I have pics of him.  I'm just about to leave for a business trip, so it won't be for a few days.

SWASH

If you weren't there, don't care.

It was an overall fun encampment. I hope wing posts all of the pictures I took for PAO (must of been a few hundred).  I will be posting some videos on YouTube that I took of the flights doing their motivational chants, and some I staff  I liked being on support staff because it wasn't stressful. Twas my favorite staff encampment. Also we now have an offical Hat Nazi on CapTalk :cough:Tomasone:cough:
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JoeTomasone

Quote from: SWASH on January 06, 2009, 09:53:22 PM
Also we now have an offical Hat Nazi on CapTalk :cough:Tomasone:cough:

That's "Senior Member Making Sure The Cadet Staff Follows Regulations Instead Of Considering Them Optional" to you, Cadet.  :)

JoeTomasone

A few quick pics before my flight...

davidsinn

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 06, 2009, 11:33:56 PM

That's "Senior Member Making Sure The Cadet Staff Follows Regulations Instead Of Considering Them Optional" to you, Cadet.  :)

If you've got a problem with Mr. Sadjak just let me know and I will flog him Thursday at our meeting ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JoeTomasone

Quote from: davidsinn on January 07, 2009, 01:24:06 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 06, 2009, 11:33:56 PM

If you've got a problem with Mr. Sadjak just let me know and I will flog him Thursday at our meeting ;D

As long as it's with a copy of 39-1, sure!  :D

JoeTomasone

More pics....

JoeTomasone

And more...

JoeTomasone

More (and yes, I know there was a dupe up there...  :-[ )

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"