Main Menu

Encampment Food

Started by Dutchboy, February 08, 2006, 06:19:58 PM

bosshawk

Phil: some were better than others: all depends on how hungry you are.  Pork and beans was my favorite: hamburgers absolutely the worst.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PHall

How about the Chocolate Nut Roll or the dreaded Fruit Cake? :o

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on August 27, 2011, 03:26:27 AM
How about the Chocolate Nut Roll or the dreaded Fruit Cake? :o

Frooooot Caaaake!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

I forgot about the fruit cake.  The crackers and jam weren't bad.  Like I said, after two weeks in the boonies, almost anything tastes good.  During that period, I was with the 1st Bde, 101 Abn Div and their cooks did pretty well with 7 in 1s.  Dak To sucked.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Short Field

The fruit cake worked well for driving stakes. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Rowan

Quote from: Short Field on August 27, 2011, 06:18:45 AM

Or to chock the wheels.

;D

Huey Driver

One time, I got the hamburger/ meat pattie MRE. I decided to warm the burger up, put some cheese spread on, then put it between the two pieces of bread...BLEH. Worst idea ever!

IMO, the best MRE is the sloppy joe with the fudge brownie ;D
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

a2capt

I can't imagine anything worse, ever, stench wise, than last nights passage from near Bakersfield to the bottom of the Tejon Pass. I could sarcastically swear it was why In-N-Out was empty. No one wanted to eat after 20 miles of pure stench. 6 of us on the way back from Wing Conference, and 3 other people were the only ones in the 40 minutes or so that we were there.

If MRE burger heated can smell worse than that..

bosshawk

Tony: this has nothing to do with Encampment Food, but you have obviously never been to Korea in June and July.  The smell would make the Central Valley smell like a rose garden.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

pilot97

Haha, at FLWG summer encampment 2011 at the banquet, the last night when you didn't have to eat in five minutes or less, the people who got the biggest standing ovation were the cooks. ;) :D

C/Senior Airman
C/MSgt.

jks19714

Quote from: Rowan on August 27, 2011, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Short Field on August 27, 2011, 06:18:45 AM

Or to chock the wheels.

;D

Or you can insert a few of them into your body armor if you don't have the inserts.  ???
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

Munkers

IDWG Encampment 2011
first day we had these pretty good hamburgers, im pretty sure chef was still using it in the "meatloaf" on the final day.
C/MSgt Munkers
First Sergeant
Color Guard Commander
Civil Air Patrol
Big Sky Composite Squadron MTWG

mocap84

The worst food you could possibly have at an encampment is anything with beans. Burritos, Chili etc.  :-[
"Cadets, why are we yelling?!?"

aceofspades

New York Wing Encampment 2012, Stratton air national Guard Base; the only time I have gone back for seconds for meatloaf. It was excellent. So was the strawberry short cake, the cheese cake, the regular cake, the vegetables, the pancakes, the bacon (although you cant really mess up bacon, so...), and everything else.
There were only 2 problems. ]
1st, I didn't like the eggs, but I really only like my moms and grandmas eggs
2nd, I got syrup on my blues cover and pants, and it STILL HAS NOT COME OFF my cover. Its been a year!!
A.O.S.

FLY, FIGHT, FOXTROT!

Never call a Chief sir. Ever!

a2capt

A year later.. you can get a new cover.
..and bacon? Messed up? What some places pass off as bacon, you can use as a wheel shim.

aceofspades

It's not noticeable unless pointed out, but I bugs me every time I put it on. I'm just to cheap to buy a new one.

I don't call that bacon. That's burnt, stale pig.
A.O.S.

FLY, FIGHT, FOXTROT!

JayT

Quote from: aceofspades on May 25, 2013, 11:27:31 PM
It's not noticeable unless pointed out, but I bugs me every time I put it on. I'm just to cheap to buy a new one.

Then you're noncompliant with uniform regulations, which state that your items must be clean and in good repair  ;)
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

aceofspades

Well, what they cant see cant hurt me  8)
A.O.S.

FLY, FIGHT, FOXTROT!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: aceofspades on May 28, 2013, 03:49:25 PM
Well, what they cant see cant hurt me  8)

_____ is what you do when no one is looking.