National Blue Beret Questions

Started by Rocketguy, March 15, 2011, 03:02:41 AM

N Harmon

Quote from: JC004 on July 11, 2011, 09:18:21 AMThis seems really unnecessarily complicated.  The NEC approved the expanded wear of it and it is already an item that is approved by the Air Force for wear with the CAP uniform.

Agreed. It was CAP, not USAF, who rescinded the authorization to wear the beret. As such, CAP can reinstate it without re-asking USAF for permission, especially considering it was still authorized for wear, though in very limited circumstances (at NBB).
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

JC004

Quote from: N Harmon on July 12, 2011, 03:02:57 AM
Quote from: JC004 on July 11, 2011, 09:18:21 AMThis seems really unnecessarily complicated.  The NEC approved the expanded wear of it and it is already an item that is approved by the Air Force for wear with the CAP uniform.

Agreed. It was CAP, not USAF, who rescinded the authorization to wear the beret. As such, CAP can reinstate it without re-asking USAF for permission, especially considering it was still authorized for wear, though in very limited circumstances (at NBB).

I am against even more complexity in CAP.  That's one reason I support FW's efforts for National CC.  We need sooooooo much less complexity.  We need the NB to always be thinking about reducing complexity when they do stuff like uniform changes (or anything, really).  I think the NB proposal could have been more clearly defined here, but it's still a pretty straightforward situation.