2011 Georgia Wing Encampment.

Started by exFlight Officer, November 08, 2010, 05:39:58 AM

DakRadz

Quote from: Sleepwalker on January 03, 2011, 03:29:09 PMIn fact, the GAWGE 2011 is using the COWGE template.  The Georgia Wing  Encampment Commander and Commandant of Cadets have both worked at Colorado Encampments, and if that Encampment works so, then why reinvent the wheel?

I like this, in that he promotes his wing for inventing the wheel (;D) and at the same time says that other wings are smart to use the model if they don't have one, since it does work.

Easily could have turned into a mudslinging contest about other wings too lazy to work it out themselves. (And I'm GAWG, so I agree that it's smart).

exFlight Officer

Senior Staff Applications are still being accepted. Senior Staff Assignments are listed in the link below   http://www.gaencampment2011.org/sr_staff.html

Cadet Commander Applications are now being accepted.

Senior Member and Cadet applications are available on this link http://www.gaencampment2011.org/staff_app.html

8)

alpha06

I will not be attending. I am going to NESA
Lord, if I must have an engine failure, let it be the Hobbs meter.

jkimb0422

As the commander of the 2011 GAWG Summer Encampment, I invite all of you to come join us.  This is a totally new type of encampment for GAWG, and is modeled after the COWG Encampment at the USAFA.  After a delay of 20 years, we are being welcomed back to an Air Force Base, and we will absolutely make the best of this opportunity.  We are still taking applications for the cadet commander, and Cadet Staff Members.  We have a few open Sr. Staff positions, including TACO's and a Stand/Eval Officer.  I encourage you to visit  www.gaencampment2011.org for all the information

Rowan

I noticed on the GAWG Encampment website that all cadets must have achieved the Curry before even applying for the encampment.  Why is that?

Also, is there a packing list available yet? 

Thanks.

davidsinn

Quote from: Rowan on February 12, 2011, 02:35:57 AM
I noticed on the GAWG Encampment website that all cadets must have achieved the Curry before even applying for the encampment.  Why is that?

Because that's what 52-16 says.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Rowan

I meant, why must they be C/Amn seven or eight weeks before the encampment? 

SarDragon

That ensures that they have the necessary uniform bits, and know how to wear them properly, for one thing.

Sending a cadet to encampment too early isn't fair to the cadet, or the encampment staff. There are certain things that need to be learned before attending encampment, and seven or eight weeks is long enough to accomplish that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: Rowan on February 12, 2011, 03:11:36 AM
I meant, why must they be C/Amn seven or eight weeks before the encampment?

Because in my experience a lot of CCs miss that bit about wearing the uniform properly before promoting a cadet to C/Amn and said cadet is missing a tape or other patch. Two months is enough time for that to be shaken out before they hit encampment. Eclipse will tell you that it still doesn't solve all the problems with uniform wear at encampment.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Rowan

Does anyone know when the packing list will be available?  I know it varies from year to year.

jkimb0422

All,

The Deadline for Cadet Staff, Senior Staff and Cadet Commander closes NEXT Saturday 12 March.  We have some very good candidates, but we welcome more applications.   Also, the application procedure for First Time, and ATF cadets is now posted.  This is going to be an awesome encampment, unlike any GAWG encampment prior.  The complete packing list for this encampment will be posted by 12 March, so visit www.gaencampment2011.org.

chickenjoe

Im in the NC Wing sooo can I attend the GA Wing?
---- Have A Good One
Semper Vigilans   

DC

Quote from: chickenjoe on March 05, 2011, 01:59:04 PM
Im in the NC Wing sooo can I attend the GA Wing?
I cannot answer for GAWG specifically, but most encampments welcome cadets from different wings to attend, space permitting.

Top Dawg

Quote from: airtrekker5 on December 22, 2010, 10:40:26 PM
Quote from: Top Dawg on November 12, 2010, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: DakRadz on November 12, 2010, 03:22:44 AM
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1030.0

Not quite there... Check out the cadet abbreviations listed here.

I will be a either a (Cadet) First Lieutenant or a (Cadet) Second Lieutenant.

There we go. Now all is right in the world.

Hillman how are you able to be a Cadet officer so quickly? It was only in May of 2010 that you were a C/SrA. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Cadet Lee. I was at the 2010 GAWG encampment and in your flight at one of those BCTs hosted by Peachtree Composite in April/May.

I'm going to the 2011 encampment (for the topic).

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been quite busy. I have promoted every 2 months since my joining. I was a C/SSgt at encampment and was promoted to C/TSgt the week thereafter. I will receive my promotion to C/2d Lt (there you go HGJunkie) in April. It all checks out!
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

HGjunkie

Quote from: Top Dawg on March 05, 2011, 05:21:43 PM
I will receive my promotion to C/2d Lt (there you go HGJunkie) in April. It all checks out!

I'm gonna catch up with you (Someday)!  8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: jkimb0422 on March 04, 2011, 11:47:18 PM
All,

The Deadline for Cadet Staff, Senior Staff and Cadet Commander closes NEXT Saturday 12 March.  We have some very good candidates, but we welcome more applications.   Also, the application procedure for First Time, and ATF cadets is now posted.  This is going to be an awesome encampment, unlike any GAWG encampment prior.  The complete packing list for this encampment will be posted by 12 March, so visit www.gaencampment2011.org.
As far as signatures on the CAPF 31, what is your policy? At other encampment that I have applied for, I have ended up having to submit 2 "uploads" of my CAPF31. One with the information, and one of just the signature page that had been faxed around and sent back to me.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Top Dawg

Quote from: HGjunkie on March 05, 2011, 08:34:18 PM
I will receive my promotion to C/2d Lt (there you go HGJunkie) in April. It all checks out!

More luck to you!
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

HGjunkie

Quote from: Top Dawg on March 06, 2011, 12:45:25 AM

More luck to you!

Thanks! Here's an early congrats to you getting your Mitchell!
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Top Dawg

Quote from: HGjunkie on March 06, 2011, 01:37:27 AM
Quote from: Top Dawg on March 06, 2011, 12:45:25 AM

More luck to you!

Thanks! Here's an early congrats to you getting your Mitchell!

Thanks! And here's an early congrats on getting yours!
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

elipod

Who all has applied? I hope to spend an awesome week with you all who applied, this summer :)

C/Maj. Bendele, E.
PAWG
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"