Please, just shutter the sUAS section for now

Started by Gunsotsu, July 04, 2019, 12:19:43 AM

Gunsotsu

I'm a 107 holder. I'm one of those in limbo with a rating that isn't official. I'm excited about where CAP is headed with sUAS. But, for the love of all that is holy, please shutter this section until things are official.

No deference to etodd, he's been quite the enthusiastic cheerleader (often annoyingly so), but until NHQ officially publishes it's final guidelines the detractors (Eclipse, et. al. [but mostly Eclipse]) are going to do nothing but sow discord and inflame the ire of those of us working in this subset particular of CAP (looking at you etodd). This section will have a place once the rollout is complete and NHQ has published what we're working from, and once that is in place this section should be re-opened FRESH.

Please shutter it. Reddit exists for these types of things.

etodd

The official words from Headquarters. Please watch and then decide if its official or not.:

Click the blue button to watch it.

https://vimeo.com/342134859
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Only CAP could put up a slide for a mission that requires a single laptop and a drone which
contains 4 pallet-sized containers, comments that they fit on 17s and 130s (like that would ever
happen), and then punctuate the plan with "The NOC will coordinate transport and lodging".

This is so ARCHER is no longer funny.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

OldGuy

Quote from: Eclipse on July 04, 2019, 12:31:42 AM
Only CAP could put up a slide for a mission that requires a single laptop and a drone which
contains 4 pallet-sized containers, comments that they fit on 17s and 130s (like that would ever
happen), and then punctuate the plan with "The NOC will coordinate transport and lodging".

This is so ARCHER is no longer funny.
You are showing your ignorance of what is happening. There are real resources being directed our way as our missions change. Our Squadron / Group / and Wing, as dysfunctional as we sometimes feel, are embracing this. The "old days" are gone. If us Old Guys (and I am one) want to play, we have to embrace the change.

OldGuy

Quote from: Gunsotsu on July 04, 2019, 12:19:43 AM
I'm a 107 holder. I'm one of those in limbo with a rating that isn't official. I'm excited about where CAP is headed with sUAS. But, for the love of all that is holy, please shutter this section until things are official.

No deference to etodd, he's been quite the enthusiastic cheerleader (often annoyingly so), but until NHQ officially publishes it's final guidelines the detractors (Eclipse, et. al. [but mostly Eclipse]) are going to do nothing but sow discord and inflame the ire of those of us working in this subset particular of CAP (looking at you etodd). This section will have a place once the rollout is complete and NHQ has published what we're working from, and once that is in place this section should be re-opened FRESH.

Please shutter it. Reddit exists for these types of things.
Please, no. This is too important.

Gunsotsu

Quote from: OldGuy on July 04, 2019, 12:49:13 AM

This, can wait. It can wait until it's official and people like Eclipse can't so smuggly continue to goad etodd.

Shut it down.

OldGuy

Quote from: Gunsotsu on July 04, 2019, 01:30:10 AM
Quote from: OldGuy on July 04, 2019, 12:49:13 AM

This, can wait. It can wait until it's official and people like Eclipse can't so smuggly continue to goad etodd.

Shut it down.
It is official. NHQ has an operational plan, our Wing / Group / Squadron are on board. Your conflict with another poster notwithstanding, this program already has over 1200 Form 5 Mission Pilots engaged. CAP is the nations largest sUAS organization. Let your tic with Eclipse fade away and let us all continue to use Captalk as it has been. A great place for information, with an occasional snark-fest.

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0