May NEC meeting webstream

Started by RiverAux, May 02, 2009, 12:42:09 PM

RiverAux

Support briefing:
Looking for a new National PAO, marketing person.

Basic Officer Course under review

Plan to add aircraft scheduling module to WMIRS by end Sept.

fly a teacher pamphlet in work

RC Model Air and Robotics program for AE program in works

CAPP 215 should be ready by Sept NB

Will not use outside vendor to sell ads for Volunteer.  Don't expect anything new in that area. 

Awards being processed within 1 month.  Will work to help weak applications when possible.

National Uniform Team working.  working to update 39-1.  working to resolve leftover issues from Winter NB.  Developing process to use web to get input from members in the field.

Working on MOU with US Army Cadets. 

A bodysurfing NCSA?  Did I hear that right?

DDR activity reports not being done very well.  50% under-reporting.  Affects funding.

Might establish a Spaatz Cadet patron squadron.

Working on issue of cadet CFIs.

Evaluating urban program.  Report under review. 

Spike

CAP-USAF is moving from Air University to AETC??  I wonder why.  Will that be more beneficial?

PHall

Quote from: Spike on May 04, 2009, 05:06:47 AM
CAP-USAF is moving from Air University to AETC??  I wonder why.  Will that be more beneficial?

Cleans up the chain of command by eliminating a whole layer.

flyguy06

Quote from: RiverAux on May 02, 2009, 05:20:52 PM
Very surprised that no one mentioned limited internet access either. 

Putting this sort of mandatory requirement on cadets would also be something challenging as you suggest.

How do you mandate something to volunteers? Quarterly online safety briefs? CAP will become an exclusive organization if this sort of stuff continues.

RiverAux

Mandating that it be done is easy.  Actually getting it done is hard. 

FW

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on May 02, 2009, 06:16:22 PM
Wing Financial Analysts to do Logistics Audits -- I guess they will randomly pick units within the wings and than go visit.  Question came up on pre notifications versus no notification.

Hmm, the last time we had an audit that looked at everything including comm inventories, was an NCO from the CAP-USAF region headquarters that was preannounced.

I wonder how they are going to get around not paying the wing financial analysts overtime pay for doing these logistics audits? (most units meet at nights or weekends not during the normal work day).  Looks to me like again this is going to be more cost to CAP and ultimately the taxpayers in an economy which requires everyone to look at ways to save money.

Perhaps the various Region & Wing IG "volunteer" staff's could perform some of these type of "internal control audits/inspections?

RM

WFA's check a sample of inventory supplies at Wing HQ.  Eventually they will be "sampling" inventories of selected units in the wing.  Inventory control is our responsibility however, it is CAP-USAF's responsibility to audit  our inventory and real property. 
The goal is to be as good with our "equipment" as with our money.

WFA's are on salary.   The inventory sampling does not take much extra time.  There is no extra costs to CAP incurred from this process.

IF this works as well as the Wing Banker Program, we will be saving the taxpayers money.   CAP-USAF won't need to worry about extra logistics personnel.

Spike

^ We should get rid of Wing Administrators....let the WFA's do it all.  That would save taxpayer dollars!