#75for75challenge

Started by Papabird, November 02, 2017, 12:55:54 AM

Spam

Wreaths Across America / Worcester Wreaths Inc.?

No thanks. Notwithstanding the sincerity of many of our members that they're doing an honorable thing (for profit), I feel as if we've been duped into being the DoDs version of street corner Moonies. I don't like what it is doing to us ethically, either.

http://www.give.org/charity-reviews/national/veterans-and-military/wreaths-across-america-in-columbia-falls-me-19798
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donate-wreaths-across-america-lesson-003930549.html

V/r
Spam

Eclipse

Grandma donates #75 - the unit gets $63.75.

Grandma donates $75 - the unit gets $75.

Math.

"That Others May Zoom"

xray328

Tougher sell IMHO.  I'm interested to see what the average squadron is bringing in on this 75for75.  I just think it's more difficult to get $75 from your average donor.  $1 Chocolate bars are a tough sell and people get to eat those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProdigalJim

Fifteen aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents each chip in $5.00...and Cadet Snuffy reaches $75. Doesn't seem too onerous to me.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Johnny Yuma

Well our favorite Keyboard Cowards have picked up this thread and ran with it into a story, just an FYI...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: