Missed Encampment Staff Training

Started by spazyjosh, June 02, 2013, 08:44:13 PM

spazyjosh

This saturday I was supposed to attend encampment training which I had told the cadet commander I would as I am Delta Flight Sergeant. I forgot about it do to the fact that I am in the process of moving I understand that this is not an acceptable excuse but its all I have. What would you suggest I do?
Respectfully,
C/TSgt Jacob

(p.s below is a copy of the email i was sent about the training)

Staff, just another heads up. Staff training will occur on the 1st of June at 1000 hrs at the wing building. We will be reviewing transportation to encampment and requirements for arrival. Uniform will be BDU's. Please let me know if you will be there. Any questions, feel free to ask.

--

V/R

Luke Wilkins, C/Capt. CAP
Cadet Commander
Desert Hawk XI

That Anonymous Guy

You certainly messed up but just send an email respectfully explaining the situation and apologizing. If there is another training event make sure to attend.

Eclipse

Contact him ASAP, apologize, and hopefully there will be a make-up.  If not, well, his hands are tied as to the requirements, and if he has to
go with an alternate, etc., remember who made the error.  RST is not waivable by anyone, and has a prescribed length and content.  Some encampments
are able to provide onsite-makeups, some aren't.

I would also suggest buying a calendar.

"That Others May Zoom"

That Anonymous Guy

Or an iPhone. RST wasn't that bad, I took it yesterday. I heard it was longer last year and at least to me it was interesting.

ol'fido

After a few times(one) you may start to call it Required Staff Torture instead of Required Staff Training. I know I am not looking forward to it. :P
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

Quote from: ol'fido on June 02, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
After a few times(one) you may start to call it Required Staff Torture instead of Required Staff Training. I know I am not looking forward to it. :P

No kidding - at least it's different this year and shorter then in years past (if you opt for the new curriculum).

"That Others May Zoom"

spazyjosh

QuoteContact him ASAP, apologize, and hopefully there will be a make-up.  If not, well, his hands are tied as to the requirements, and if he has to
go with an alternate, etc., remember who made the error.  RST is not waivable by anyone, and has a prescribed length and content.  Some encampments

I know as part of my squadrons staff training we went through the encampment RST powerpoint would this be sufficient?

Eclipse

Quote from: spazyjosh on June 02, 2013, 10:22:22 PM
QuoteContact him ASAP, apologize, and hopefully there will be a make-up.  If not, well, his hands are tied as to the requirements, and if he has to

I know as part of my squadrons staff training we went through the encampment RST powerpoint would this be sufficient?

Unfortunately, no. 

RST must be completed prior to, and specific to, any activity with a duration of 4 nights or more.  So for some of us, that's multiple times
per year, even if we've already done it for other activities.

"That Others May Zoom"

spazyjosh

Good news everyone I was able to resolve this issue :)! I sent the cadet commander an email and he resolved it.  Below is the email I sent him and his response.

Nope not much. Just get your application in as soon as you can

Luke Wilkins, C/Capt. CAP
Cadet Commander
Desert Hawk XI

On Jun 3, 2013, at 19:38, joshuajacob1@comcast.net wrote:

Dear Captain Wilkins,
As you may have noticed i was absent from staff training for encampment this weekend.
This is due to the fact that my family was moving and I was helping them, and the training completely slipped my mind. Is there anything I need to do or make up?

Respectfully,

C/TSgt Jacob, Joshua B.
Delta Flight Sergeant
DHXI

Eclipse

Was this some sort of line staff training, or the RST for encampment.

Big difference.  One can be ignored, one cannot. Many encampments do RST day 1, some do it in a separate session.

I would suggest confirming this directly.

I have known plenty of Cadet Commanders not cognizant of these kinds of things, or treating them as "no big deal", only to
get a reality sandwich once it's too late to make things up.

"That Others May Zoom"

Patterson

First, kind of not cool to throw up a fellow Cadets email and contact info on a public board!  Second...what kind of training is going on?!?  There was an apparent "must attend staff training in order to staff", but when asking what you must do/ make up, it's as though it was more of a BS party.

This is why Cadet Program activity standardization nationwide will help our program!

Eclipse

Quote from: Patterson on June 04, 2013, 11:25:56 PM
First, kind of not cool to throw up a fellow Cadets email and contact info on a public board!  Second...what kind of training is going on?!?  There was an apparent "must attend staff training in order to staff", but when asking what you must do/ make up, it's as though it was more of a BS party.

This is why Cadet Program activity standardization nationwide will help our program!

Read again - that's only the poster's email, which is also linked in his profile (though not needed on the thread), and he probably shouldn't be putting up
someone else's name openly.

Agree with the second part.

"That Others May Zoom"

spazyjosh

Oh oops didn't mean to put his name on there. How do you delete a post? Oh and by the way i found out the training was to coordinate how we are getting to encampment and when. The RST will be taking place 2 days before encampment when staff shows up because we have to show up early.

Eclipse

Well there you go.

The only way to change a post is if the "modify" button is still lit up or to ask a mod.

"That Others May Zoom"