What is the measurements of a Spaatz certificate?

Started by tkelley004, March 26, 2019, 02:55:24 AM

tkelley004

My unit has its first ever Spaatz Cadet, and I am on the hook for the frame (and I DO NOT MIND!) Does anyone know the measurements of the certificate? I would assume it is the same size as a Mitchell or Earhart, but don't want to assume!
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Bellingham Composite Squadron
Retired USAF SMSgt

baronet68

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

etodd

Get something disposable and inexpensive, since there is a good chance the parents will take it out anyway,  take it to a professional frame shop, and have it double matted in a larger archival frame.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

tkelley004

In case anyone ever needs the info again, it is the same as the Mitchell and Earhart 11 X 14
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Bellingham Composite Squadron
Retired USAF SMSgt

CAPCom

Quote from: etodd on March 26, 2019, 05:05:14 AM
Get something disposable and inexpensive, since there is a good chance the parents will take it out anyway,  take it to a professional frame shop, and have it double matted in a larger archival frame.

Or... one could consult with the parents first and ask what color and frame material they would like, if they want it matted, etc.  There really aren't that many disposable and inexpensive 11x14 frames out there.

CAPCom

Quote from: tkelley004 on March 26, 2019, 02:55:24 AM
My unit has its first ever Spaatz Cadet, and I am on the hook for the frame (and I DO NOT MIND!) Does anyone know the measurements of the certificate? I would assume it is the same size as a Mitchell or Earhart, but don't want to assume!

How very exciting for your cadet and squadron, sir -- congratulations!

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPDepCom on March 31, 2019, 03:48:07 PM

Or... one could consult with the parents first and ask what color and frame material they would like, if they want it matted, etc.  There really aren't that many disposable and inexpensive 11x14 frames out there.

+1 - some don't care, some have very well-curated "I love me walls" and yours will go right into the bin, in which case something cheap would suffice
or none at all.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPCom

Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2019, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: CAPDepCom on March 31, 2019, 03:48:07 PM

+1 - some don't care, some have very well-curated "I love me walls" and yours will go right into the bin, in which case something cheap would suffice
or none at all.

Or (again) one could consult with the family and ask what they would like. And since it seems the squadron and Lt. Col Kelley want to mark this occasion as more than just another certificate presentation (with the frame being a gift from the squadron), consulting the family seems to be the best bet.  Besides, since the certificate was already presented to the cadet yesterday at the WAWG conference, my bet is the gift scenario is the most likely (and the eeyore comments from the negative nellies that it's going to be ash-canned as soon as it gets home are simply not helpful).

I suppose I could be wrong all-around.  Kind of thinking I'm not, though.