Main Menu

Florida Wing CC Dismissed

Started by RAZOR, September 30, 2007, 01:58:47 AM

RiverAux

the guy announced in the email we've been discussing...

floridacyclist

I'm not sure if my commander even knows...and not sure if I'm the one who should be telling him LOL
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

ZigZag911

If FL Wing CC job is up for grabs, I nominate Kach!

Ricochet13

Quote from: arajca on September 30, 2007, 02:21:23 AM
During the probationary period, no reason needs to be given.

Common courtesy and manners would say different.  But regs are regs I guess.

John Bryan

A side question......once again we see a wing commander let go for whatever reason and instead of the wing vice commander being the acting commander an officer from outside the command staff ( and outside the wing) is picked. It appears the new acting FLWG commander was lasted assigned to region hq.

My question is why do we have vice commanders.....it would appear the only place they assume command in the event the commander is removed is at National. I know in my wing the same thing took place.

SarDragon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 30, 2007, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: flyerthom on September 30, 2007, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 30, 2007, 01:23:42 PM
Maybe I'll apply for the job... :-*

What's the FL statue providing for involuntary psychiatric commitment? You understand this for your own good?

Chapter 394 of Florida Statutes, but it's popularly known as the 'Baker Act'. In Texas, a similar law allowing for a law enforcement officer to detain someone who is mentally imbalanced/emotionally disturbed is known by the acronym APOWW (Apprehension by a Peace Officer Without A Warrant).

In CA, it's Section 5150 Of The California Welfare And Institutions Code.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: John Bryan on October 01, 2007, 05:34:11 AM
A side question......once again we see a wing commander let go for whatever reason and instead of the wing vice commander being the acting commander an officer from outside the command staff ( and outside the wing) is picked. It appears the new acting FLWG commander was lasted assigned to region hq.

My question is why do we have vice commanders.....it would appear the only place they assume command in the event the commander is removed is at National. I know in my wing the same thing took place.

The Vice Commander assumes the duties as commander when the Commander is unable to perform them, like when he's out of state, or sick. Has happened frequently in CAWG.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Maj Ballard

Quote from: John Bryan on October 01, 2007, 05:34:11 AM

Just to clarify, yes, the Interim Commander (the one listed on the website) was most recently assigned to Region HQ, but he lives in Florida and has been on Wing staff, been a Group CC in Florida Wing, etc. He's not an "outsider."
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

flyguy06

Quote from: Stonewall on October 01, 2007, 02:48:08 AM
Quote from: Capt Ballard on October 01, 2007, 02:39:24 AM
They did, however, quickly change the picture/bio on the FLWG website.

So much for all the he said - she said.  It's a done deal.  New wing commander appointed, I'd say that involves family outside of Florida.

How does the appointment of a new FLWG commander affect those of us not living in Florida?

floridacyclist

It doesn't...unless you choose to click on the link reading "Florida Wing CC Dismissed" and then you lose anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes from your total alloted time left to live....but at least it was your choice to click.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

flyguy06

a2capt

Things that happen outside your realm ... sometimes do have a bearing that might effect you.

In the case of the unnamed General and the precedent set by the stacking of the electoral body ..

It's nice to see that one by one they are being looked at and perhaps it's because they are deciding if some of these people in positions are in fact what is best for the respective wing and the greater region.

..and just logging into eServices gives you the same window, so it's not like it's unknown news. There's what, 4 Wing CC announcements on there now?

As well, Florida, like California, and I'm sure nearly many others with their wing wide email distribution list, also has many folk from outside the immediate geographic boundary that receive the same broadcasts for many reasons not worth debating what they are.

What goes on the other side of the country can affect me, as like what goes on here can affect you.

If you don't wanna read it, don't click.

It's not as if the posting is costing money, this is not 1982 and every byte cost a buck to download.

JAFO78

FL wing web site has all ready been update with LT Col. Al Bedgood's Bio. I have read it and I am impressed by it. I think we all should welcome the Col. to his new post.
JAFO

Skyray

Quote from: RobG on October 01, 2007, 03:54:08 PM
FL wing web site has all ready been update with LT Col. Al Bedgood's Bio. I have read it and I am impressed by it. I think we all should welcome the Col. to his new post.

I agree.  I am a little intrigued that he was not listed as a Colonel but as a LtCol.  The first announcement that I heard was that he was an interim commander.  Could the rank issue be a subtle indication that there are more to come?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

floridacyclist

No idea...we finally received official notification through the chain of command late this morning and issued an announcement to the squadron minus the negative language.

QuoteFL Wing welcomes Lt Col Alvin Bedgood to his new position as interim FL Wing Commander. Col Bedgood has a lengthy list of accomplishments which are far too numerous to list here. Please see http://flwg.us/html/bedgood.html for a photograph and complete biography.

The Tallahassee Composite Squadron wishes Col Bedgood great success in leading the best wing in the nation. We will do our best to help him keep us at the head of the pack.

I found it rather interesting that they took so long to announce it officially as I've always thought of that as one of the most important parts of a change of command if for no other reason than folks need to know who is in charge. For example, I just found out that my Inland SAR Application was sent to the Wing Commander late last week....needless to say, it is being re-submitted.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Cecil DP

Quote from: Skyray on October 01, 2007, 04:11:02 PM
Quote from: RobG on October 01, 2007, 03:54:08 PM

I agree.  I am a little intrigued that he was not listed as a Colonel but as a LtCol.  The first announcement that I heard was that he was an interim commander.  Could the rank issue be a subtle indication that there are more to come?
Al Begood is the interim Commander. Until he is actually appointed Wing Commander he remains at his curent grade. The fact that he was not named Commander  seems to indicate that there will be a selection process and applications submitted from interested personnel
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

flyguy06

Quote from: a2capt on October 01, 2007, 03:52:30 PM
Things that happen outside your realm ... sometimes do have a bearing that might effect you.

In the case of the unnamed General and the precedent set by the stacking of the electoral body ..

It's nice to see that one by one they are being looked at and perhaps it's because they are deciding if some of these people in positions are in fact what is best for the respective wing and the greater region.

..and just logging into eServices gives you the same window, so it's not like it's unknown news. There's what, 4 Wing CC announcements on there now?

As well, Florida, like California, and I'm sure nearly many others with their wing wide email distribution list, also has many folk from outside the immediate geographic boundary that receive the same broadcasts for many reasons not worth debating what they are.

What goes on the other side of the country can affect me, as like what goes on here can affect you.

If you don't wanna read it, don't click.

It's not as if the posting is costing money, this is not 1982 and every byte cost a buck to download.

Its not the fact that I dont want to read it. I can just as nosey as the guy. Its just that if yourfamily is going through an embarassing situation, you dont want people outside of your family knowing. If for wexample my brother (I dont really have a brother) was picked up by the cops for selling drugs. I am not going to go out and broadcast it to people I dont even know. thats all I am saying. Thanks.

Skyray

So you consider the situation with the National Commander, the Florida Wing Commander, the California Wing Commander and all the rest of it an embarassing situation that should be hidden from public view?  If you thought you had cancer would you refuse to go to the doctor because you were ashamed of what he might find?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

flyguy06

You're still not getting it. The National Commander effects "me" so yes, I would wantg to know whats going on with thim. The FLWG Commander does not effect "me" so I think it should be kept amongst FLWG members not the national membership.

Galahad

Quote from: flyguy06 on October 01, 2007, 10:27:29 PM
You're still not getting it. The National Commander effects "me" so yes, I would wantg to know whats going on with thim. The FLWG Commander does not effect "me" so I think it should be kept amongst FLWG members not the national membership.

Each wing commander is one of only 60 corporate officers of the Civil Air Patrol, a major corporation chartered by the United States Congress.  The Florida Wing commander's influence extends far beyond Florida. He is a voting member on the board of directors of a corporation that receives millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars and has significant influence in Congress.  That's why he's different than you or me, or my cousin Leroy once-removed.  When you control taxpayer dollars you lose most of your right to privacy.  And that's the way it has to be. If you don't like the "fringe benefits", don't ask for the job.