Main Menu

CAP License Plates

Started by Private Investigator, May 28, 2013, 04:58:00 AM

MSG Mac

Quote from: Private Investigator on June 25, 2013, 01:18:11 AM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:54:55 AM
I remember asking out the girl who always waited on me at the Sonic right outside Johnson's front gate. I went out with her, and was thinking her last name seemed familiar. I mentioned it and said I had a 1stSgt with that last name. She said it was her father. Ha... last date for me!

Usually that got me dates. Most Staff NCOs like me.  8)

I don't think they wanted their daughters swimming in your gene pool.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

MacGruff

Got a picture from one of my squadron mates who has a Pennsylvania CAP plate. Here it is...

Oh, wait! I cannot post an image....  can anyone help and tell me how to get permission to add attachments???

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

MacGruff

Yes. It does.

The big difference being that I took the photo of a license plate on a car, rather than the graphic from the website and that's maybe splitting hairs...

jeders

Quote from: MacGruff on June 28, 2013, 12:55:12 AM
Oh, wait! I cannot post an image....  can anyone help and tell me how to get permission to add attachments???

The image has to be hosted elsewhere, then link to it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

w7sar

Thought I'd weigh in with a couple of Utah CAP plates.

First one is from the late 1970s:

And this one is from my vehicle today:

Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

Critical AOA

Quote from: MacGruff on June 28, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
Yes. It does.

The big difference being that I took the photo of a license plate on a car, rather than the graphic from the website and that's maybe splitting hairs...

My apologies. I made the assumption that you just wanted to illustrate what the PA plate looked like in general, not necessarily exactly what your friend's plate looked like.   In making that assumption, I thought linking to an existing graphic on the web would be much easier than taking a picture, hosting it somewhere and then linking to it.  That's just my opinion though.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Critical AOA

Quote from: Eclipse on June 28, 2013, 03:45:29 PM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 28, 2013, 01:29:48 AM
Does it look like this?

Needs to be updated.

Has it changed?  That is the version their website shows. 

Eclipse

That insignia is no longer approved for use.

"That Others May Zoom"

Critical AOA

MacGruff

"That insignia is no longer approved for use."

Not sure why you say that? The picture I have is almost the same as this graphic. The only difference I could see is that the letters "C" and "P" are on the right side of the plate.

As to the hosting, it's on my computer. On other boards I'm on there is an "attach" command that allows me to browse over to the picture and it automagically uploads it. I do not see that command here, and in the Help files it says that I would need some special permission to do this.

If any other member has that ability, would you PM me your email address and I'll email you the pic so you can get it posted. Thanks!

SarDragon

Quote from: MacGruff on June 29, 2013, 12:12:48 AM
"That insignia is no longer approved for use."

Not sure why you say that? The picture I have is almost the same as this graphic. The only difference I could see is that the letters "C" and "P" are on the right side of the plate.

The CAP insignia pictured on the plate had been modified to a newer version. The one shown is no longer authorized for use.

QuoteAs to the hosting, it's on my computer. On other boards I'm on there is an "attach" command that allows me to browse over to the picture and it automagically uploads it. I do not see that command here, and in the Help files it says that I would need some special permission to do this.

If any other member has that ability, would you PM me your email address and I'll email you the pic so you can get it posted. Thanks!

There is a post quantity minimum for attachments. It used to be 100, but may have decreased. Host your pic somewhere else, and link to it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Ranger tabs are "important", but no one realizes the license plates have an insignia that was retired about 4 years ago.

Excellent.

"That Others May Zoom"

MacGruff

Quote from: SarDragon on June 29, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

There is a post quantity minimum for attachments. It used to be 100, but may have decreased. Host your pic somewhere else, and link to it.

Ok. I guess I will just have to keep posting until I hit the minimum...   Oh boy!!!

>:D

MacGruff

I've finally achieved the lofty status of "Member" of this board and therefore have been awarded the privilege of posting pics directly from my computer. Yay!!!   ;)

Anyway, here is the photo I took of a CAP license plate at one of our squadron meetings.

[attachment deleted by admin]

a2capt

Plate 00051 on your 51st post. How about that.