Main Menu

New NCR/CC??

Started by NCRblues, January 14, 2011, 02:14:09 AM

NCRblues

First off, when did this happen?

Col. Kuddes term was not up so......?

Second, look at this interview....

We are not in anyway the inactive reserve, we do not hold "full rank"  nor do any of our pilots receive training at Maxwell to fly....

I thought Col. Fagan was one of the people removed from command after the pineda incident went down....whats going on??

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/stcharles/news/article_032e9aca-3920-56a3-8276-d70dd519758b.html
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MICT1362

How about the fact that the picture of his flight jacket has two uniform violations...

-Paramedic

a2capt

I can see how the press may have gotten the "trained at Maxwell", in the typical chopping they do, all he had to do was say he "went to Maxwell for training" (IE, NSC, BoG related, etc.), and viola! the journalist writes it up and chops this, and that, to make it fit. Reads good, hit the press with it.

The whole thing is practically cut and paste from various sources of PR, so it's no surprise.

Persona non grata

All I can say is HUH?      In active reserve
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

FW

Quote from: NCRblues on January 14, 2011, 02:14:09 AM

Yes, his term was up.  He was reinstated in 2008 to complete his orignial term.  He was relieved in 2006 after serving a year in office. 

Trivia question:  Who was the individual who succeded Col Kuddes back then?  (this should be an easy one....)   ;D

NCRblues

Quote from: FW on January 14, 2011, 03:38:49 AM

Yes, his term was up.  He was reinstated in 2008 to complete his orignial term.  He was relieved in 2006 after serving a year in office. 

Trivia question:  Who was the individual who succeded Col Kuddes back then?  (this should be an easy one....)   ;D

Ok, but why fagan, he was removed from command after the pineda incident was he not FW? Kuddes, was removed as you said, prematurely. So we just revert back to someone who was a pineda appointee who didn't qualify for the job the first time around let alone the second?

Are we back in the pineda politics again FW? If so i want to know, and i think all members should know.
We don't need more back room play. CAP can not afford it. CAP right now needs openness and an ability to adapt and move on from past mistakes.
Reapointing political junkies who tell major metropolitan newspapers that he "is more or less inactive reserve with full rank" is not helping us at all......

But, from the lack of responses to this i guess i should just  :-X

PHall

NCR Blues, who were the other candidates for the job?
You have to be a current or former Wing Commander or higher to qualify for the job.
Kinda narrows down the talant pool.

NCRblues

Quote from: PHall on January 14, 2011, 06:04:37 AM
NCR Blues, who were the other candidates for the job?
You have to be a current or former Wing Commander or higher to qualify for the job.
Kinda narrows down the talant pool.

I can think of 4 from the wing i am working for now...that's one wing out of the region...you cant tell me there wasn't anyone with....how do i want to put this...."fresh blood"

coudano

kuddes was removed
and replaced with fagan (whom had been appointed mowg/cc by kuddes)

after process (maybe MARB i dont know), kuddes was reinstated
which left fagan out on his ear
fagan was recently (like, 4 months ago) selected as the new mowg/cc (by Col Kuddes --again) when his original term (that was fulfilled by his vice, after Fagan vacated) expired.

kuddes' original term to which he was reinstated has now expired
fagan is both very recently a current and former wing commander and a former region commander (all three of short duration) twice appointed to wing by the same region commander, and appointed to region by two separate national commanders.

if that's not mandate (from above anyway), i don't know what is...

FW

Quote from: NCRblues on January 14, 2011, 04:29:05 AM

Ok, but why fagan, he was removed from command after the pineda incident was he not FW? Kuddes, was removed as you said, prematurely. So we just revert back to someone who was a pineda appointee who didn't qualify for the job the first time around let alone the second?

Are we back in the pineda politics again FW? If so i want to know, and i think all members should know.
We don't need more back room play. CAP can not afford it. CAP right now needs openness and an ability to adapt and move on from past mistakes.
Reapointing political junkies who tell major metropolitan newspapers that he "is more or less inactive reserve with full rank" is not helping us at all......

But, from the lack of responses to this i guess i should just  :-X

It's possible to get answers to your questions however, those questions need to be asked to the people involved.  And, they need to be asked in private.  Col Fagan performed well, as far as I know, during his first term as NCR/CC.  When he agreed to step down, he became Col Kuddes' vice.  He then became the MOWG/CC (again).  Of course "politics" are involved.  Back room?  I have no (verified) idea.  Even if I did know what was going on, it wouldn't be right to discuss it on CT.  These kind of discussions are better vetted at National Board meetings; preferably during elections for the new National Commander and Vice Commander in August.... ;D

JeffDG

Quote from: FW on January 14, 2011, 12:24:34 PMThese kind of discussions are better vetted at National Board meetings; preferably during elections for the new National Commander and Vice Commander in August.... ;D

It seems the new NCR/CC agrees with you:
QuoteI want to keep going to major general, who is in charge of the national CAP.

bingo

Fagan was never Col Kuddes' vice.  He basically disappeared when Col Kuddes was reappointed NCR CC.

A.Member

Second, look at this interview....

We are not in anyway the inactive reserve, we do not hold "full rank"  nor do any of our pilots receive training at Maxwell to fly....

I thought Col. Fagan was one of the people removed from command after the pineda incident went down....whats going on??

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/stcharles/news/article_032e9aca-3920-56a3-8276-d70dd519758b.html
That article is full of FAIL!

Since the article/interview is public he needs to come forward now and clarify nearly all those statements. 
The following response is particularly problematic, especially given his position: 
QuoteI joined the Civil Air Patrol in 1995 because I wanted to be a pilot. Flying is something I always wanted to do. I took my flight training in St. Louis, then went to Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama. I worked my way up the ranks. Now, I'm in what you might call the inactive reserve, but I still hold a full rank.

I see only one of 3 possibilities:
1.  Journalist completely mis-quoted him on everything (perhaps a few minor errors are likely but all of that and to be so blatantly wrong?)
2.  He's ignorant and doesn't fully understand his role (not likely)
3.  He misrepresented his position and CAP

I hope National sees this one.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Actually..

If we read what is on the page, not filtered through our own sensitivities regarding these issues, there isn't anything there that isn't factual, and appropriate.

To my objective read,
QuoteI joined the Civil Air Patrol in 1995 because I wanted to be a pilot.
Just like tens of thousands of other members.

QuoteFlying is something I always wanted to do. I took my flight training in St. Louis, then went to Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama.
What's is wrong here?

He learned to fly in St. Louis, then he went to AL.  It doesn't say CAP trained him, nor that he took flight training in AL.

I worked my way up the ranks. Now, I'm in what you might call the inactive reserve, but I still hold a full rank.
Obviously he worked his way up, just like the rest of us, and he is on "inactive reserve" as a pilot.  He mentions elsewhere in
the article that he doesn't get to fly missions much anymore, which is pretty typical for commanders of headquarters components
in CAP who get bogged down in administration.

And he has full rank in CAP.

Just read what is there.  Poor word choice?  Maybe.  But there is likely a whole lot of reporter attention span issue here as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on January 14, 2011, 05:39:15 PM
Obviously he worked his way up, just like the rest of us, and he is on "inactive reserve" as a pilot. Just read what is there.
There is no such thing as "inactive reserve", especially as a pilot.  It's not a term we ever use in any context.

Quote from: Eclipse on January 14, 2011, 05:39:15 PM
Poor word choice?  Maybe. 
Not even maybe.  Absolutely and it should be corrected publicly.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

G+10

The photo of the flight jacket concerns me more than what might have been said.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: G+10 on January 14, 2011, 07:53:29 PM

Yeah... What's with the green grade?

A.Member

Quote from: G+10 on January 14, 2011, 07:53:29 PM
The two are not mutually exclusive.  The package as a whole, the way it was presented, is problematic.

flyboy53

Hope Ma Blue hasn't picked it up yet. Sounds like he commands a CAP Region in HALO and has beem spending too much time on X-Box 360 or Virtual CAP.

Talk about a way of re-inventing the facts. The way that story's written, I really question his command capabilities. Sounds like he's ready to deploy to Iraq.

Let's hope that his Maj. Gen. aspirations are never realized. In the meantime, bet you that NCR is in for quite a ride.

Hey! Why hasn't JohnKachenmeister commented about those aircrew name patches and the subdued rank. Is that the new insignia for the Smurf Suit?

JeffDG

Quote from: flyboy1 on January 14, 2011, 11:44:12 PM
Talk about a way of re-inventing the facts. The way that story's written, I really question his command capabilities. Sounds like he's ready to deploy to Iraq.

OK, I have no dog in this fight at all, not in the region, never been in any of the wings therein, never met the guy, could pass him on the street and have nary a clue who he is...

But you're willing to question is command capabilities because of how a reporter wrote a story?  Seriously?  Pray that someone like you never passes judgement on a story you become involved in, because press reports generally have only a passing semblance to what actually occurred.