Pedo Bear- LE Alert information

Started by Flying Pig, September 14, 2010, 09:08:37 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: raivo on September 29, 2010, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: Senior on September 29, 2010, 09:15:46 PM
I am truly amazed and bewildered when LEO are informing the public
about a potential hazard to children/cadets and those intrusted to
protect those same cadets laugh it off as a bad joke. >:( :(

That would be because we have some actual understanding of the subject matter, and the SLO County Sheriff's office (which is where this originated) hasn't convinced me that they do.

^^^

I bet this Sheriff still has a pager and thinks unlimited texting is the newest cool thing.

HGjunkie

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 29, 2010, 09:57:32 PM
Quote from: raivo on September 29, 2010, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: Senior on September 29, 2010, 09:15:46 PM
I am truly amazed and bewildered when LEO are informing the public
about a potential hazard to children/cadets and those intrusted to
protect those same cadets laugh it off as a bad joke. >:( :(

That would be because we have some actual understanding of the subject matter, and the SLO County Sheriff's office (which is where this originated) hasn't convinced me that they do.

^^^

I bet this Sheriff still has a pager and thinks unlimited texting is the newest cool thing.
I'll bet five bucks you're right USAFaux. ::)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Krapenhoeffer

See... I'm a skeptic. And very often we deal with the idea that Badge + Gun = Instant Expert On Everything.

This is a huge burden that we skeptics have to overcome when dealing with stories about the occult and aliens and every other thing that goes bump in the night.

First Rule: Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence. Frankly, all I see is an easily debunk-able and laughable story.

This whole thing is a giant prank on the real world by the bowels of the internet. Pedobear has been around for a good long time.

Now, let's go back to our good ol' CPPT: CPPT (based on statistics and facts) tell us that the vast majority of child molesters know their victims.

And frankly, I doubt that people engaging in an act which is considered not only taboo, but tantamount to murder would wear an easily recognizable badge.

Pedophile gangs don't exist. Internet gangs of people who want to offend others for the sake of humor do. And from the looks of it, they're winning.

You're giving them their Lulz. And Lulz is like giving a dog food. It will crave more.
Proud founding member of the Fellowship of the Vuvuzela.
"And now we just take our Classical Mechanics equations, take the derivative, run it through the uncertainty principal, and take the anti-derivative of the resulting mess. Behold! Quantum Wave Equations! Clear as mud cadets?"
"No... You just broke math law, and who said anything about the anti-derivative? You can obtain the Schrödinger wave equations algebraically!" The funniest part was watching the cadets staring at the epic resulting math fight.

HGjunkie

When you feed a troll, god kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Hey Pylon, I think you should lock the thread again. Why did you unlock it in the first place?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Yeah- I thought it was locked.. must have been a discussion behind the scenes amounting to "no, we're serious"..

I still say, the name did the character in, just like that. It's future was cast in stone. The Pac-Man people thought ahead.. (read about the name of Pac-Man in Japan, where it was invented) ..

Ah well..

manfredvonrichthofen

It doesn't matter how old outdated how outlandish this might really be. If you do not take things of this nature seriously you need to take a step back and retake CCPT and have a bit longer discussion about what CPPT really is. It is to protect all cadets from ALL potential threats. No matter how dumb this may look or sound, if this Pedo Bear thing is real and you dismiss it because a website calls it a joke, then you need to stop paying attention to websites that call what LE says is a threat a joke. There is nothing funny about the topic.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 02, 2010, 05:16:03 AM
It doesn't matter how old outdated how outlandish this might really be. If you do not take things of this nature seriously you need to take a step back and retake CCPT and have a bit longer discussion about what CPPT really is. It is to protect all cadets from ALL potential threats. No matter how dumb this may look or sound, if this Pedo Bear thing is real and you dismiss it because a website calls it a joke, then you need to stop paying attention to websites that call what LE says is a threat a joke. There is nothing funny about the topic.

So we should listen to what all LEs spew? What about that State Rep in my state that said the school teachers union is the worst gang, after listing off the Gangster Disciples, the Cribs, the Bloods, etc? Is he correct as well?

The Sheriff needs a clue, that's it.

manfredvonrichthofen

The Cribs? You mean the Crips. sounds like you SHOULD be listening to what they "spew" maybe you would get one of the 1990's most dangerous gangs name right.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 02, 2010, 05:20:23 AM
The Cribs? You mean the Crips. sounds like you SHOULD be listening to what they "spew" maybe you would get one of the 1990's most dangerous gangs name right.

Yea, sorry that my Droid X won't recognize the difference and switched it out. I'll get on that with Motorola and let them know their text vocab sucks. 

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Krapenhoeffer

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." -Carl Sagan

A rambling by USDOJ or some County Sheriff's department doesn't cut it.

Nature of proof here is a repeated string of convictions in which perpetrators were known to use Pedobear as a symbol.

Without that, I have to throw the BS flag out. And no, I do not mean Bachelor of Science.

Badge + Gun =/= Expert
Proud founding member of the Fellowship of the Vuvuzela.
"And now we just take our Classical Mechanics equations, take the derivative, run it through the uncertainty principal, and take the anti-derivative of the resulting mess. Behold! Quantum Wave Equations! Clear as mud cadets?"
"No... You just broke math law, and who said anything about the anti-derivative? You can obtain the Schrödinger wave equations algebraically!" The funniest part was watching the cadets staring at the epic resulting math fight.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 02, 2010, 05:23:47 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 02, 2010, 05:20:23 AM

Yea, sorry that my Droid X won't recognize the difference and switched it out. I'll get on that with Motorola and let them know their text vocab sucks.

Roger that. Knowing it is a spell check error I'll take that back.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret