Which Name Tag on Blue AF Service Jacket

Started by Rouster, March 08, 2013, 11:27:27 PM

Rouster

One other uniform question (I know, I should find it in 39-1); which name tag is worn with the blue AF type service jacket for seniors; the grey or shiney silver??
Get in the work, get it done, get paid, get in the work......

EMT-83

Eclipse

^ Agreed, and the photos should be the guide, but I'm not in a LMGTFY mood today.

50% answer - it's not the gray plastic one.

"That Others May Zoom"

Rouster

Quote from: Eclipse on March 08, 2013, 11:36:32 PM
^ Agreed, and the photos should be the guide, but I'm not in a LMGTFY mood today.

Well lets do it the hard way......lets see; the lady on P. 24 has the silver; but those ladies on P 25 have blue (blue?) name plates and those cadets on P. 17 have grey....but their females and cadets...AHHHHH P. 16; Sanders; he has the silver name plate! 

Abby.L

Well, it appears as though everyone here is a little off today...

Answer: The silver one. Though, for any future items, CAPM39-1 is your friend. We already realize that you could fly a jumbo jet through some of the loopholes, but this one's pretty clear. And 39-1 isn't meant to be a children's book, either. The answers are in the text, not the pictures. The pictures, quite frankly, are horrible examples.  >:(
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

SarDragon

Snarky responses will achieve little for you.

Page 24 is captioned - Women's Service Dress Uniform (Senior Members). Note 3 says Nameplate: The AF highly polished nameplate is worn centered on the right breast with the bottom edge parallel to bottom row of ribbons.

Page 25 is captioned - Women's Service Dress Uniform (Cadets), irrelevant to the discussion.

Page 17 is captioned - Men's Service Dress Uniform (Cadets), equally irrelevant, and the nameplates are really blue, if you look closely, and have the colors correctly adjusted on your monitor.

Page 16 is captioned - Men's Service Dress Uniform (Senior Members), and has, as you observed, a shiny nametag.

Here's an initialism you may see occasionally - RTFM. Politely, it means - Read The Furnished Materials. We can give you all the resources you could possibly need, but if you don't actually read them, instead of just looking at the pictures, your knowledge will be grossly incomplete.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Rouster

Quote from: SarDragon on March 09, 2013, 12:11:14 AM
Snarky responses will achieve little for you.

Page 24 is captioned - Women's Service Dress Uniform (Senior Members). Note 3 says Nameplate: The AF highly polished nameplate is worn centered on the right breast with the bottom edge parallel to bottom row of ribbons.

Page 25 is captioned - Women's Service Dress Uniform (Cadets), irrelevant to the discussion.

Page 17 is captioned - Men's Service Dress Uniform (Cadets), equally irrelevant, and the nameplates are really blue, if you look closely, and have the colors correctly adjusted on your monitor.

Page 16 is captioned - Men's Service Dress Uniform (Senior Members), and has, as you observed, a shiny nametag.

Here's an initialism you may see occasionally - RTFM. Politely, it means - Read The Furnished Materials. We can give you all the resources you could possibly need, but if you don't actually read them, instead of just looking at the pictures, your knowledge will be grossly incomplete.

Your right, but sometimes the regs can read like ridcules and it is good to get the answers from the horses mouth.....up until the end of.........I believe 2011 there was a clause that stated it was required to wear the field cap with the white avitator shirt.....now since Moses was a child we have all been taught you do not wear a cover with the white corporate white aviator shirt but there it was in black and white saying a cover is required with no other explantion.....That expired at the end of 2011..I believe the intent was that if you met the weight requirement and wore the military shoes, AF blue slacks, and chose to wear the white aviator shirt you had to wear a cover (but that wasn't actually spelled out).....More than a few people in a few squadrons were confused upon reading that....Just saying sometimes its better to be blunt and just ask..

Eclipse

Quote from: Rouster on March 09, 2013, 12:35:48 AMYour right, but sometimes the regs can read like ridcules and it is good to get the answers from the horses mouth.....up until the end of.........I believe 2011 there was a clause that stated it was required to wear the field cap with the white avitator shirt.....now since Moses was a child we have all been taught you do not wear a cover with the white corporate white aviator shirt but there it was in black and white saying a cover is required with no other explantion.....That expired at the end of 2011..I believe the intent was that if you met the weight requirement and wore the military shoes, AF blue slacks, and chose to wear the white aviator shirt you had to wear a cover (but that wasn't actually spelled out).....More than a few people in a few squadrons were confused upon reading that....Just saying sometimes its better to be blunt and just ask..

Nope.

Perhaps you are referring to the CSU?  But even with that you're confusing things.

While no one would argue that 39-1 isn't a mess.  The various changes have been fairly clearly and publicly published, and the summaries are now available as a single document.

"That Others May Zoom"

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: Eclipse on March 08, 2013, 11:36:32 PM

Not in a Silo-Launched, Missile, Ground-Attack, Training, Fighter Prototype?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Rouster on March 09, 2013, 12:35:48 AM

Your right, but sometimes the regs can read like ridcules and it is good to get the answers from the horses mouth.....up until the end of.........I believe 2011 there was a clause that stated it was required to wear the field cap with the white avitator shirt.....now since Moses was a child we have all been taught you do not wear a cover with the white corporate white aviator shirt but there it was in black and white saying a cover is required with no other explantion.....That expired at the end of 2011..I believe the intent was that if you met the weight requirement and wore the military shoes, AF blue slacks, and chose to wear the white aviator shirt you had to wear a cover (but that wasn't actually spelled out).....More than a few people in a few squadrons were confused upon reading that....Just saying sometimes its better to be blunt and just ask..

I believe you should REALLY hit the books manuals, regulations, and pamphlets.

teesquared

Ah, thank you Sar Dragon.  I had forgotten the "RTFM" acronym from my AF days.
;D
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147