Armed CAP Members?

Started by wwiijunky7, March 25, 2012, 11:01:17 PM

wwiijunky7

Now I realize there has been 1 thread about this already but it was awhile back...anyways how many people out there believe ONLY Senior members should be aloud to carry firearms (Pistol) as long as they pass a pre-qual set up by the wing or national level, and there state allows it? It also has to be open carry not closed! Plus only during Emergency Services operations.  Any ways I believe they should, anybody else?

thatonekid

C/MSgt Collins

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: wwiijunky7 on March 25, 2012, 11:01:17 PM
Now I realize there has been 1 thread about this already but it was awhile back...anyways how many people out there believe ONLY Senior members should be aloud to carry firearms (Pistol) as long as they pass a pre-qual set up by the wing or national level, and there state allows it? It also has to be open carry not closed! Plus only during Emergency Services operations.  Any ways I believe they should, anybody else?
No.

Your wing King can give you permissions if you need it.

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

jeders

Why? What problem does this solve?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: jeders on March 25, 2012, 11:06:38 PM
problem: Not being able to shoot someone by accident.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

thatonekid

He was asking what problem would having armed SM's solve.
C/MSgt Collins

NCRblues

Oh no...not again...

Where be the lock clock when you need it??!!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

AngelWings

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 25, 2012, 11:07:50 PM
+1. We don't need weapons in CAP. We do not perform CSAR, so I doubt any army or insurgancy is going to fire on us. And if there is danger of things like bears and what not attacking us, then I doubt we should risk anyones lives and leave the mission to the people who carry arms has part of their duty IE Police.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Littleguy on March 25, 2012, 11:39:51 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 25, 2012, 11:07:50 PM
+1. We don't need weapons in CAP. We do not perform CSAR, so I doubt any army or insurgancy is going to fire on us. And if there is danger of things like bears and what not attacking us, then I doubt we should risk anyones lives and leave the mission to the people who carry arms has part of their duty IE Police.
how dare you go look for people! *bang* *bang*  >:D

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: wwiijunky7 on March 25, 2012, 11:01:17 PM
Well, our wing commander recently turned down ground teams carrying chain saws to clear the roads on their way to an emergency response, so I don't give much chance in him allowing all of the senior members to carry pistols. ;) :angel:

We don't need members carrying pistols on ANY mission.  IF it isn't safe we don't go, it is that simple.   
RM

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on March 26, 2012, 12:13:40 AMWell, our wing commander recently turned down ground teams carrying chain saws to clear the roads on their way to an emergency response, so I don't give much chance in him allowing all of the senior members to carry pistols.

Not remotely even the same conversation.

"That Others May Zoom"

N Harmon

If CAP is going to take on more liability with an issue where the laws vary state to state, municipality to municipality, then getting members medically trained in something further than CPR/First Aid would be more beneficial.

While I personally have no problem with competent people carrying firearms, I understand CAP's rules and sort of agree with them.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Eclipse on March 26, 2012, 12:17:07 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on March 26, 2012, 12:13:40 AMWell, our wing commander recently turned down ground teams carrying chain saws to clear the roads on their way to an emergency response, so I don't give much chance in him allowing all of the senior members to carry pistols.

Hmm, what more dangerous a senior member with a chain saw or one with a loaded pistol ??? ;)
RM

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on March 26, 2012, 01:03:58 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on March 26, 2012, 12:17:07 AM

Hmm, what more dangerous a senior member with a chain saw or one with a loaded pistol ??? ;)
RM
Pistol. Don't stand next to SM BagODoughnuts when he has a chainsaw.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

davidsinn

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on March 26, 2012, 01:03:58 AM
RM

Chain saws. The hypothetical pistol would be holstered at all times unless there was a clear and present danger. The chain saw is intended to be used often.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Chainsaws are not dangerous unless the operator is wearing a Hockey Goalie mask. ;)

EMT-83

And you're safe until the creepy music starts.

abdsp51

Or unless you're in a Texas town in the middle of no where.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill