ES Training Qualification Procedures

Started by bassque, June 29, 2011, 03:07:38 AM

bassque

Hello again CapTalkers,

A few questions regarding training procedures to obtaining a 101T card for some qualifications.  A little muddy on the requirements now that a lot of it has moved online. 

1. Is first-aid a prerequisite for obtaining a CAPF 101T, or just the 101 with a specialty? 

2. If someone has completed and received GES on the 101 by completing 116, 117 and the FEMA courses, do they need to include that on the CAPF 101t as a specialty?

3. Once we have received the 101ts, and the member is now rated in a specialty, is that tracked online or do we need to submit a CAPF 100 the normal way.

I believe that's all the questions for now.
Many thanks!

EMT-83

There is no more 101T or CAPF 100, SQTRs are now submitted on line.

The specific requirements are listed on the SQTR.

arajca

Each wing has slightly different procedures. Contact your wing operations folks (using the chain of command) for details. Your unit ES Officer or commander should also have the info.

GTCommando

Okay,
I'll answer your questions by the numbers.

1.  From CAPR 60-3, Section 2-2, Paragraph d:
QuoteA CAPF 101 with the General ES rating will be approved by the unit commander or his or her designee(s) upon completion of the requirements for the specialty.

2.  All that is needed for GES is CAPT 116, GES Questionnaire, and Achievement 1 for Cadets or Level 1 for SMs.

3.  I believe it's all online now. Unit CCs update the member's training records through eservices. 
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

bassque

Thanks all.  I'm the ES officer for the unit but I haven't been involved with ES or cap in quite some time.  I'm basically researching this to #1 get myself refamiliar with the process of getting folks certified. (I was ground team in thev90s but my my how things have changed) and #2 educate our SMs and cadets on the process. 

I'll check the SQTR again.  It's nice that they have simplified the processes!

Thanks!
Jeff

Camas

Quote from: bassque on June 29, 2011, 04:08:06 AM
I'm the ES officer for the unit but I haven't been involved with ES or cap in quite some time. 

You'll find that things are so much easier now with the Operations Qualifications application in e-services. As the unit ES officer you'll have a number of permissions in OpsQuals for approving tasks and achievements such as FEMA courses, BCUT and ACUT training and specific tasks as they relate to various ES achievements. I suggest you get familiar with all this; it will pay off, believe me.

On the home page of OpsQuals you'll find a link entitled "OPS Quals User's Guide" by Maj Howard LaPierre of CAWG. He has done a stellar job of putting this information out for all of us to utilize. He also updates this information periodically as well. It's a great resource.