Main Menu

Hunter Orange MOLLE Vest

Started by Samex, January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

Samex

I have seen from past posts that there has been discussion about hunter orange MOLLE vests.  I have been a first responder for over 27 years and I strongly believe that having the right equipment to do the job is key in any situation.  I want to take this opportunity to introduce my company: On Duty Equipment Ltd.  We have been in existence since 2004 and for the past year and a half we have been developing and testing a hi vis MOLLE vest.  Our brand is called Duty Apparel. Please take some time to visit our website www.onduty.ca  You will see that this month we are featuring our MOLLE hunting vest.  The vest also comes in a hi-vis yellow/lime with reflective trim and hi vis orange with reflective trim.

Our vests feature a load bearing system, integrated pockets and a grab handle on the back that can be used to pull someone out of a dangerous situation if they become incapacitated.  Our models with reflective trim also include a self closing slot on the back that can be used to access the rope on a fall arrest system that can be worn under the vest.

We have and continue to develop several hi vis pouches for the MOLLE vest.  Currently, the hunting version is available.  The reflective trim models will be available in early March 2014.

I look forward to your feedback.

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd   

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Samex

I just want to clarify...are you referring to our vests with the reflective striping?

Eclipse

Well, yes, or anything else that you would purport to be appropriate for CAP use.

Unless it's ANSI-II, there's not much point to it, since an ANSI-II vest is required to be worn as the top garment.

Put together an ANSI-II molle vest at a reasonable price and you'll have no issue selling them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Samex

Thanks for the information.  I am attaching a few pictures of our reflective MOLLE vests.  These are currently in production and will be available in March 2014.  These will be $84.95 a vest.  The pouches (sold separately) will be available in both orange and yellow to match the vest. 

Everything will be available on our current website www.onduty.ca and our new website www.dutyapparel.com (which should go live in a couple of weeks)

[https://imageshack.com/i/n567i9j][https://imageshack.com/i/nrtnlhj][https://imageshack.com/i/0u5cztj]

Eclipse

^ Not sure why the image broke, but definitely liking this!

"That Others May Zoom"

68w20

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on January 18, 2014, 08:41:56 PM
^ Not sure why the image broke, but definitely liking this!

Looks like I'm getting a little poorer in March...

Spaceman3750

Actually, one glaring issue I notice is no good place to put a hydration bladder. Do you guys think you can figure out a way to mount a hydration bladder where the "X" reflective strips are and put reflective strips on the pouch to compensate?

Eclipse

My old molle vest had a bladder pocket on the inside.

"That Others May Zoom"

Samex

Thanks for the feedback....I like the idea of incorporating a spot for a hydration bladder.  I will meet with our design team and discuss this further and explore what options we may have to do this.  In the meantime if you have more feedback or suggestions please let me know. 

Thank you everyone and I look forward to more feedback!. 

brent.teal

Will the vest be at least ansi-II compliant?  You didn't answer that question.
Also any pictures with various pouches attached?
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

MIKE

Since he's Canadian, he may not be aware of ANSI standards.
Mike Johnston

Samex

We are familiar with the ANSI II regulations. The Canadian CSA standards are almost identical to the US  ANSI II standards for hi vis safety workwear. Our vest is compliant with Canadian CSA Z96 standards. We are currently reviewing the ANSI II standards to make sure thst we are compliant as well.   When it comes to hi-vis safety wear it's pretty much the same between US and Canada. 

brent.teal

Okay but if we are going to use it in CAP it needs to be marked as ANSI II compliant.  Otherwise it doesn't matter.  But thanks for getting back to us on that.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

jeders

Quote from: brent.teal on January 22, 2014, 03:42:36 PM
Okay but if we are going to use it in CAP it needs to be marked as ANSI II compliant.  Otherwise it doesn't matter.  But thanks for getting back to us on that.

That or have some 'ANSI II Compliant' tags made up to sew into the vest when you get it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Samex

I apologize for the delay in getting back to everyone.  We have verified the requirements under ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2 Garments.  I want to confirm that our Duty Apparel hi-vis yellow/lime MOLLE vest exceeds the minimum requirements.  The vests will have the prescribed ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 label indicating that it is compliant with the regulations.

We are also currently working on the hydration bladder design and should have information on that shortly.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, the vests and various pouches should be in stock in March of 2014 and available through our websites at www.onduty.ca or www.dutyapparel.com

If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions for pouches please let me know.

Thank you

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd

SARDOC

I do have to admit that I do like this vest.  Looking forward to see appropriate accessories on the site as well.

Jaison009

Not advertising for them but I just checked the website http://www.dutyapparel.com and it is up and the hi viz vest is now showing there.

Eclipse

Quote from: Jaison009 on February 07, 2014, 03:38:38 PM
Not advertising for them but I just checked the website http://www.dutyapparel.com and it is up and the hi viz vest is now showing there.

Wow, I love this shirt!  I may grab one for mototcycle teaching.

Seriously, there's our field uniform - we'd look so much more professional in that shirt and these pants
and they'd be so much more functional.

"That Others May Zoom"