DF Equipment - what’s new?

Started by Stonewall, October 26, 2018, 02:32:48 PM

GZCP31

Quote from: Eclipse on October 28, 2018, 11:56:16 PM
"we"?
Yes, Myself and a few others are working on a complete system based on loosely based the system posted. I have been an engineer for over 30 years.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

Eclipse

Quote from: GZCP31 on October 29, 2018, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 28, 2018, 11:56:16 PM
"we"?
Yes, Myself and a few others are working on a complete system based on loosely based the system posted. I have been an engineer for over 30 years.

OK - that's fine.  If you have something that works and people want it, so be it.

CAP as a whole, as well as the average member, needs mature products, especially if they will
be the same general cost as something proven which is already in the market.

"That Others May Zoom"

Fubar

Quote from: GZCP31 on October 28, 2018, 11:31:07 PMThe equipment in the post I provided works well. Our cadets have been using it for almost a year now. They prefer it over the "Cheddar block".

A great test would be to deploy the equipment without anyone involved in developing the project and see how it goes. When people can use it without the experts around, you've got something going.

Al Sayre

FWIW, here: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=12361.msg225813#msg225813 is the test report I did on the Tigerstrike unit back in 2011.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

CAPTShaw

NER-PA-606 here, we just ordered a DF and Antenna from https://www.rdfantennas.com

We where lucky a local Police Department is going to purchase it for us.
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)