Written Tests

Started by CivilAirPatrol123, February 27, 2012, 11:20:49 PM

CivilAirPatrol123

I am a newer cadet (30NOV11) and need to take my test for A1C. I have the newer version for the tests (2010). My Eservices is messed up and still says I am a Basic and it says I am not ready/you can not take the tests at this time. I have recently transfered, and my new squadron commander will have to override the system for her to properly put in the promotion. Is there a written test for aerospace/leadership (A1C, New Version)? Or will I have to wait until my promotions are better? Or..could the commander qualify me for the test on Eservices even though my promotions are messed up? Thanks!

lordmonar

Quote from: brennasinischo123 on February 27, 2012, 11:20:49 PM
I am a newer cadet (30NOV11) and need to take my test for A1C. I have the newer version for the tests (2010). My Eservices is messed up and still says I am a Basic and it says I am not availible to take the tests. I have recently transfered, and my new squadron commander will have to override the system for her to properly put in the promotion. Is there a written test for aerospace/leadership (A1C, New Version)? Or will I have to wait until my promotions are better? Or..could the commander qualify me for the test on Eservices even though my promotions are messed up? Thanks!
Yes,Yes,No.

Yes there is a written test.
Yes you will have to wait until your promotions are properly logged in Eservices.
No there is not way to qualify you in eservices....short of properly logging you.

Good news....if you have all your old paper work from you last squadrons....all of this can be done in about 10 minutes.
If you don't have the paperwork then it may take longer.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

coudano

it's an online test actually, vs written
but the other points are all as reported

MSG Mac

Contact your old Deputy for Cadets or the Squadron Commander. Before your new squadron corrects the problem they will have to verify you passed these tests and were promoted by the former unit.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

OTOH, the testing officer can get a printable version of the test from the online system, and they can even login to their own eServices account, go and pick the test you need, and then you sit at the computer and do it. Yes, it will say "I am Cadet (insert senior members name here), but since it's the TCO proctoring it .. and before you press finish, you can call 'em over to the screen.  Both of you will see the score, and they can log it/keep record of it for when it's time to enter it, while they sort your online data out, which like has been mentioned, would take about 10 minutes.

My own disclaimer: Of course, this works only if they're sure you actually completed the stuff and been promoted and this is a records snafu only, and otherwise would have been taking A1C tests now. (not questioning, just saying in third person viewpoint)

MSG Mac

Quote from: a2capt on February 28, 2012, 12:06:27 AM
OTOH, the testing officer can get a printable version of the test from the online system, and they can even login to their own eServices account, go and pick the test you need, and then you sit at the computer and do it. Yes, it will say "I am Cadet (insert senior members name here), but since it's the TCO proctoring it .. and before you press finish, you can call 'em over to the screen.  Both of you will see the score, and they can log it/keep record of it for when it's time to enter it, while they sort your online data out, which like has been mentioned, would take about 10 minutes.

My own disclaimer: Of course, this works only if they're sure you actually completed the stuff and been promoted and this is a records snafu only, and otherwise would have been taking A1C tests now. (not questioning, just saying in third person viewpoint)

Which is why it was recommended that the CC or DCC for the original squadron be contacted. If it didn't get input into the online system. It didn't happen, until they can confirm it.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

Nope....the regs allow for the gaining commander to recreate any lost records.

From 52-16
Quoted. Problem Records. Occasionally, cadet records are found to be incomplete, especially if a cadet transfers units or new leaders take charge of a squadron. In such instances, the new commander should attempt to contact the cadet's previous leaders to obtain help in clarifying the record. If that option is not available, the new commander may exercise discretion in reconstructing the cadet's record as best as possible, recording approximate dates for completing tests, achievements, and the like. Cadets are not to be penalized for a senior staff's poor recordkeeping, but commanders must take reasonable steps to uphold the integrity of cadet awards. In no circumstance may a unit commander backdate a Mitchell, Earhart, Eaker, or Spaatz Award.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on March 01, 2012, 01:09:59 AM

From 52-16
Quoted. Problem Records. Occasionally, cadet records are found to be incomplete, especially if a cadet transfers units or new leaders take charge of a squadron. In such instances, the new commander should attempt to contact the cadet's previous leaders to obtain help in clarifying the record. If that option is not available, the new commander may exercise discretion in reconstructing the cadet's record as best as possible, recording approximate dates for completing tests, achievements, and the like. Cadets are not to be penalized for a senior staff's poor recordkeeping, but commanders must take reasonable steps to uphold the integrity of cadet awards. In no circumstance may a unit commander backdate a Mitchell, Earhart, Eaker, or Spaatz Award.

I personally would be very suspect of a cadet that wanted to transfer into my unit wearing more stripes than eServices said he had.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: davidsinn on March 01, 2012, 02:23:34 AM

From 52-16

I personally would be very suspect of a cadet that wanted to transfer into my unit wearing more stripes than eServices said he had.
You'd quibble about if they were airman or airman basic?

Could it be maybe the cadet got locked out of the test, transfered, and now discovered an eservices bug?
Or something near that. Such as a messed up entry of data?

Check your cadet promotions track report, see if anything is messed up...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

davidsinn

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 01, 2012, 04:31:35 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on March 01, 2012, 02:23:34 AM

From 52-16

You'd quibble about if they were airman or airman basic?

Could it be maybe the cadet got locked out of the test, transfered, and now discovered an eservices bug?
Or something near that. Such as a messed up entry of data?

Check your cadet promotions track report, see if anything is messed up...

Cadet Airman opens doors, so yes, I would quibble over it. There's no good reason for the online system to be behind what they wear. I update the database before I pin. I do it from my phone usually. If they wear grade above a milestone and the system doesn't show the milestone that's a big giant red flag right there.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pylon

Quote from: davidsinn on March 01, 2012, 05:13:57 AM
There's no good reason for the online system to be behind what they wear. I update the database before I pin. I do it from my phone usually.

And unfortunately many units are not that diligent about it. It's quite possible a cadet transfers in from a unit that's less than diligent with record-keeping, especially of the online variety.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: Pylon on March 01, 2012, 05:28:25 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on March 01, 2012, 05:13:57 AM
There's no good reason for the online system to be behind what they wear. I update the database before I pin. I do it from my phone usually.

And unfortunately many units are not that diligent about it. It's quite possible a cadet transfers in from a unit that's less than diligent with record-keeping, especially of the online variety.

Any cadet that has joined in the last two years is in online testing. You can't test if it's not right. There is no excuse.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn