wright brothers

Started by Sgt. Papa, January 20, 2012, 10:37:50 PM

Sgt. Papa

when a C/SrA is promoted to C/SSgt., is there any sort of special ceremony, like a cadet recieved when he enters officership?

C/SrA Palmer, CAP
                      Essex County Composite Squadron Element Leader

Extremepredjudice

Depends on the squadron. Mine doesn't make a big deal, others might.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

GTCommando

Your Squadron Commander will present you with your Wright Brothers certificate, and promote you to the grade of C/SSgt. As far as a special ceremony, it depends on the squadron. Some make it a special occasion, while others just do it alongside the other promotions at the beginning/end of the meeting.

Best of luck with your Wright Brothers Award! (If you haven't earned it already.)  :clap:
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

Sgt. Papa

That's true, well im guessing mine will be on the more toned-down side, since we just promoted a cadet to C/2dLt. and didnt raise the flag, or any of the good stuff. I'm being promoted to C/SSgt. this coming monday! thank you sir!  8)

GTCommando

Your welcome. Congratulations on making the transition from one who follows to one who leads.

I've attached an NCO's guide that I found very useful during my stint as an NCO, even though I didn't come across it until I was a C/MSgt. I hope it helps you the way it did me. The job of the NCO is a challenging, yet extremely fulfilling one. Serve your people, never stop learning, and do your best, and you'll do great. If you ever need any advice, feel free to PM me.

-GTCommando

C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

Sgt. Papa

thank you very much sir!
Semper Vigilans

C/SrA Palmer, CAP
Essex County Composite Squadron Element Leader