Your PT fails

Started by AngelWings, May 09, 2011, 02:08:01 AM

AngelWings

Share some of your PT fails. Two of my most funniest are, running around a rotary a few times and not noticing it and adding 2-3 minutes to my time (a rotary is on my squadrons mile run path, and I have run it many times before without running around this rotary) and I, on my last PT test, missed the sit ups by 1, needing 39 and got 38. I was cracking up when I saw what I did with the run, and was so upset with the sit ups because if I got 1 more, I would have been an A/1C, even though I learned my TIG expired in may, and I would have been able to hold my head up higher.

GTCommando

I've got two. One, back when I was still a raw recruit trying for my Curry. Our Squadron used to run the mile on a stretch of road leading from the airport parking lot out to the main road. There were several fire hydrants along the road, the last one acting as our halfway marker. The time comes for us to run, and just to make sure, our then-C/XO reminds to run past the last fire hydrant, and run back. That's all fine and dandy, but I must've had a brain cramp, because I ran to the first hydrant and ran back, which resulted in a three-minute mile.    ::)  ;D
Two, just recently I was testing for Achievement 8. I had just passed the Shuttle Run for the first time in months (I'm a mile kinda guy), and was doing my curl ups and pushups. I wasn't feeling my best that day, but I passed my standard for promotion. Then, I go over to the unit's Super chart just to make sure, and I discover that I had read the female standards by mistake. Needless to say I wasn't exactly pleased, but I still get a kick when I think about it. ;D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

CAPC/officer125

My most recent Pt fail was when I was taking my Spaatz. I was doing my sit-ups. Well, I when I got to 40 (which is what I needed), I had about 7-10 seconds left and decided that I was going to take a small break. I thought I needed more so I continued, even after the person holding my feet and the state director said I was good. So I ended up with around 45 (it may have been 43 which is like my push-up number, 23), which is still good. Though I did miss passing PT by .2 seconds on my shuttle.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Perez

I think my worst PT fail by far was pushups. A few days previous to our PT week, I managed to knock out 72 for the first time ever. Then the day before our PT test, I spent about two hours tilling rough ground while at work and came home spent. The next day at PT I got up to 40 pushups and was done.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

sneakers

My squadron meets on an Air National Guard base, where we have a course charted out for the mile. For some reason, seniors charted a different route, and then told cadets how to run the course wrong. Because of that, everyone ended up running around a 4 minute mile.   

commando1

My funniest PT fail was when I tried to run the shuttle and my commander happend to deliver the punch line to a joke at the same time, I started laughing so hard a tripped and fell...Needless to say I didn't pass that time  ;D
Non Timebo Mala

Skydude61

Ok... here's proabably the best one so far. we do PT at a park near our squadron. beat my personal best-- 116 (one hundred + 16) push-ups, 72 sit-ups, and passed sit/ reach *no details... i usually don't do very well with that one* but.........
Needless to say, there are trees at this park, and sometimes, i get lost in nature. I ran three laps, and got counted on a 1.5 mile run as a total....... no wrong turns, just ran around the circle three times, barely made my time..... this was the 9:30 for Amn...