What is the best way to study?

Started by CapAirMan55, May 23, 2010, 02:54:31 PM

CapAirMan55

Im testing for senior airman.  :clap:

addo1

Each and every person has individual study habits that have to be developed over time. At this point, I am going to suggest that you look around and try to find a way that you are comforatble with. With each person's individuality, some enjoy studying in partners and others can only study alone in quiet. You, and only you will know what category you fall into. Some are really goood at studying at the last minute and still retaining information, while many others take extended periods. As far as successful studying goes, I would suggest that you find some material that assists you. There are many OUTSTANDING practice tests that you can find online for both the leadership and aerospace pratice tests. If there are any questions that you might have or need any help, let me know!
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Spike

1 Pencil, 1 notepad, private noise free (as much as possible) location.  Google how to make an outline.  Read the chapter through from beginning to end.  Go back and break down each section, detailing the main subject points.  Review the outline, take the practice test (there are many online!!) go back and re-summarize the areas you missed on the practice test.  The day of the test, read the first two and very last sentence in each paragraph of the text.  Take test.  PASS.

addo1

Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Pingree1492

What is the best flavor of ice cream?

Like you're answer to the question above, the best way FOR YOU to study will depend upon you, and the way in which you learn best.  There are a lot of different study methods and techniques to use to help you learn, but again, how well they work depends on you.

Bottom line for learning- there is no quick fix, or "easy way" to learn.  Everyone learns information in slightly different ways at different rates.  If you don't put in the amount of work and time YOU need to learn the material, you won't get the results you want.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Flying Pig

Quote from: CapAirMan55 on May 23, 2010, 02:54:31 PM
Im testing for senior airman.  :clap:

Log off.

a2capt

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 25, 2010, 03:11:44 AMLog off.
FTW! Woohoo!! Thats great!

Excellent advice, I have that problem, too. :)