Main Menu

Favorite Cadet Quotes

Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2013, 01:24:43 AM

PHall

Quote from: BillB on June 02, 2013, 12:59:29 AM
PHALL

Just a reminder, you need to sterilize the safety pin. Can't risk infections      (your Safety Briefing for June)

Can you make that my safety briefing for July, I'm good for June.  ;)

Майор Хаткевич

PHall

Duke Dillio

Had a ground team training activity where a female cadet walked up to me while I was setting up a Stokes basket, stretcher, and extrication board and asked if she could be the victim.  She must have sensed a little confusion on my part because she quickly stated:  "I like to be tied up and stuff and I'm a good actress..."

PHall

Quote from: Duke Dillio on June 02, 2013, 07:45:17 AM
Had a ground team training activity where a female cadet walked up to me while I was setting up a Stokes basket, stretcher, and extrication board and asked if she could be the victim.  She must have sensed a little confusion on my part because she quickly stated:  "I like to be tied up and stuff and I'm a good actress..."

T   M   I    :o

AngelWings

Trust me, keep the paracord away from her!

I bet that wasn't the only time that cadet made a remark like that.

MajorM

From this weekend's pre-encampment event, "Cadet, you ok? It looks like your crying..."  Her: "I'm not crying sir, I have a condition where water comes out of my eyes when I'm upset."

Carry on then :)

And another, Flight Commander: "Cadet!  You've done excellent this weekend that is why you're in front of this disciplinary board..." 

Wait, what?

Luis R. Ramos

Great idea! Pinning the tongue with a safety pin may cause bleeding into the mouth... A choking potential.   :)

Now you get to practice the entire CPR spectrum!  :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

AngelWings

Quote from: flyer333555 on June 03, 2013, 01:35:09 AM
Great idea! Pinning the tongue with a safety pin may cause bleeding into the mouth... A choking potential.   :)

Now you get to practice the entire CPR spectrum!  :clap:

Flyer
You, too, owe me a new laptop!

spazyjosh

Last year at Utah Wing Encampment encampment they called out all the cadets who's hair was out of regs. They told them that their hair was out of regs and that they were going to cut it for them. One cadet completely serious raises his hand and asks "Are we going to a salon?"

After hearing this the staff all try to contain themselves from laughing until finally the squadron commander said yes. Needless to say the cadet was disappointed when he was lead to a barrack built to the temporary standards of WWII with a little sign that read Wendover Salon and. sweaty men with razors buzzing hair

miss.aviator.girl

ILWG Summer Encampment 2013:
Our flight commander telling us to wake up and get our uniforms on:
"Cadets, you have five minutes!"
Fifteen seconds later: "Cadets, you have two minutes!"
Thirty seconds later: "Ten seconds! <counts down from ten> C'mon! You have three minutes!"  :o

Pulsar

Quote from: miss.aviator.girl on July 10, 2013, 07:27:26 PM
ILWG Summer Encampment 2013:
Our flight commander telling us to wake up and get our uniforms on:
"Cadets, you have five minutes!"
Fifteen seconds later: "Cadets, you have two minutes!"
Thirty seconds later: "Ten seconds! <counts down from ten> C'mon! You have three minutes!"  :o

I like hearing about other encampments. My enc, we were woken up at 0515. We slept in PT shorts and shirts. The staff would run through the bay yelling, squeezing air horns, and banging on lockers. We were outside, in formation within 30 seconds. I was on the top corner bunk; I had to jump out of bed, pull on my sneakers, grab my hydration, and run outside. -people were definitely jolted out of their sleep.
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

NM SAR

:o

:-X

NM SAR

I think my most memorable cadet quote comes form a time I was teaching a class on the 24 hour pack. At one point during this presentation, I showed the cadets my "trump card" firestarter: a 15-minute road flare.

One of my cadets then piped up: "Sir, I've heard you can use a road flare to cauterize a wound."

No....no, you can't. Well, you could, but you'd set your flesh on fire.

Storm Chaser

Not long ago, a cadet came to the squadron meeting not safety current. He was instructed to complete an online safety education module. After trying to figure out for a while how to access the Safety Management System (SMS), he asked for help.

Being that the word "Safety" was spelled out on the eServices menu bar, I prompted him by asking, "What are you trying to accomplish?" He seemed puzzled, so I asked again, "What is your goal?" He proudly replied, "To earn my Billy Mitchell Award." I had to ask again, "What is your goal right now?" He eventually figured it out.

Pulsar

Here is a quote that you would have to be there to understand exactly...
At encampment...
C/Col [blank] barges into squadron 20's barracks.  One cadet had glanced at him while at attention earlier in the day. He walks up to one of 20 cadets standing at attention along the bay.
"Cadet ------, DO I LOOK PRETTY TO YOU?...HUGH?!!!"
"uhhh..I don't know how to answer that sir!"
"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO--HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER!!!!?....wow."

...and then he walked out.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And my classic flight commander's line...
"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And another favorite of mine...

"Only the gods can walk on the water!"

(A line used by my staff when we walked in the prohibited bay area [the main hallway] of our barracks.      The only day we could walk in the bay was the last day of enc.)
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

LSThiker

First quote
This probably was not the best way to hand the situation. I was 2-3 months into being a Capt after being a cadet and was at an encampment.  I saw a cadet major hassling some C/A1C or C/SrA after the C/Maj order the cadet to give him the guidon.

Me (quiet enough that only him and the cadet could hear):  Give the cadet the guidon

As I walked away, the C/Maj loudly tells me (in front of two flights of cadets):  "Sir, this is how encampments are always ran"

The area went perfectly quiet as all the SMs stopped talking.

Me turned around and very loudly responded:  I suspect a cadet major would have more important duties to perform.

Second quote
At the same encampment above, I saw a flight commander marching his cadets in the wrong direction from where he needed to go.  So I chased him down:

Me:  Where are you going?
Cadet:  We are going to the LRC
Me:  You are going the wrong way.  You need to go that way (pointing to the whole line of cadets marching to areas near the LRC)
Cadet:  Sir, I was here last year and I know where I am going
Me:  Really?  So I guess in my 5 years of being on this base I do not know where I am going

So I walked with them until the flight commander finally admitted to being lost.

Pulsar

Quote from: LSThiker on December 13, 2013, 04:33:10 AM
First quote
As I walked away, the C/Maj loudly tells me (in front of two flights of cadets):  "Sir, this is how encampments are always ran"

:o Fallacy: Appeal to tradition.

he could of at least dissented in private to you. I'm sure the cadets he was hassling didn't have much respect for him after they saw his attitude to you.
C/LtCol Neutron Star

Nearly Dark Side

At my basic encampment my flight commander was yelling at us for moving at attention. At one point he told us that we look like a bunch of umpa loompas, then my squadron cc comes up at tells us that we are now the chocolatiers. For the rest of the week when we posted our guidon we would yell, "The chocolatiers are here!"

Luis R. Ramos

LST-

I liked both ways. You had the sense not top embarrass him in public, but he did not get it. So you gave his medicine back!

And the second... Well, you did not force it on him. I think it was good.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer