Main Menu

My Introduction

Started by alpha06, September 05, 2005, 10:04:46 AM

alpha06

Hello, I had been seacrhing for a Civil Air Patol message board for a while and finally came upon a few. This one looks like the aviation board I visit so, I decided to join this one.

Let me introduce myself. I am a Senior member in the GAWG. I have been in CAP 21 years (I joined when I was 15) both as a cadet and currently as a Senior. I have been financial that long, but not active( I was stationed in HAwaii and attened HIWG mtgs but never active). The only inactive periods I had were when I was away in college and when I was in the active duty military. But I always came back. I love CAP. It has played a prominant role in my development as a military leader. I The program has changed a lot since Iwas a cadet. Somethings I like, somethings I dont and I would like to get members feedback on them later on.

I serve as the Deputy for Cadets in my unit. My unit is a small unit in Atlanta, GA. Our membership is very low and for years I have been trying to increase the activity of our unit. ITs hard and I would love some advice. I am the most active SM in my unit. I am the yougest SM in my unit. We have a lot of pilots (of which I am one) but they join just to fly. They are not interested in anything else. It sucks. My cadet proram is weak mainly because I cant offer the time to it that I used to. I used to wonder why CAP was filled with either young cadets or older retired folks. Now I know. Its hard for young working adults to commit the time to a volunteer organization. We have to work. Iwish I could give more time.

I am a commercial pilot working to become a professional pilot. I am also a Police Officer here in Atl. Currently, I am in the Army National Guard as an infantry officer presently deployed to Iraq. I wish so much that I were home to help with the relief efforts in Louisiana. Thats wher eIfeel I belong insteadof over her ehelping foreigners. I would rather be helping my own people.

Anyway, thats a little about me. I will be posting questions and comments in the future. Ithink this board isa good idea and I think more people in CAP should get involved in it. Its a way to exchange ideas. I am all for stealing a good idea if it works. its all about sharing. Maybe the administartor of this board could notify nationalHQ of its existanc and they can put something out over the web about it. Until later. Peace.
Lord, if I must have an engine failure, let it be the Hobbs meter.

Cmdbuddy

Hey and welcome to the boards!  I'm close to you- going to school at Auburn University.
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

abysmal

Welcome.
Boy does your story sound ALL too familiar!!
Based on my own personal experience this is THE place to come for GOOD advice from others that have already been there and done that.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona