OK, here's a different kind of "gear"

Started by NIN, March 18, 2008, 08:51:48 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: brasda91 on March 23, 2008, 06:56:37 PM
this is the floor plan of the Readiness Center we will be moving into Spring '09.  We have a small room that will be for CAP, and then the rest of the center will be available to us as we need it.
I would strongly recommend that you remove this floor plan from the site since it represent a National Guard/Reserve building. 

Gunner C

Quote from: RiverAux on March 24, 2008, 03:21:40 AM
Quote from: brasda91 on March 23, 2008, 06:56:37 PM
this is the floor plan of the Readiness Center we will be moving into Spring '09.  We have a small room that will be for CAP, and then the rest of the center will be available to us as we need it.
I would strongly recommend that you remove this floor plan from the site since it represent a National Guard/Reserve building. 

Yep, that could be Mr. Bad.  :o  That's prolly FOUO or at least would really piss off the reserve folks.

NIN

Geez, come on. Its not marked FOUO, and its not like it says "Security panel installed here" or "Sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads here, here and here."  Doubtful most folks would get their tighty-whities in a wad over that.

You can spend 15 minutes on the Internet and find all kinds of plans like this for the new-style barracks/admin/readiness area construction going at military bases all over the country.  Hell, the Army even HOSTS them on their website.

Lets get back to the topic, shall we?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eeyore

Heh, we don't have to worry about FOUO with our floor plan, it's a double-wide sitting in a rental car parking lot, next to the airport. Or do we?  :D

brasda91

Quote from: NIN on March 24, 2008, 11:28:37 AM
Geez, come on. Its not marked FOUO, and its not like it says "Security panel installed here" or "Sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads here, here and here."  Doubtful most folks would get their tighty-whities in a wad over that.

You can spend 15 minutes on the Internet and find all kinds of plans like this for the new-style barracks/admin/readiness area construction going at military bases all over the country.  Hell, the Army even HOSTS them on their website.

Lets get back to the topic, shall we?

Agreed.  If the Army Lt Col thought this was FOUO, he would have said so in his e-mail, when he sent the plans to me.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

mikeylikey

^ You can find the same floor plans on multiple open Government websites.  It is part of the bid process and the GSA and other sites most likely have it available. 

PLUS, floor plans are one thing, but if you put out the plans that show the post 9-11 terrorist protections (like concrete wall thickness etc) then it would be BAD for you. 

Don't let the FOUO dorks get to you, they really have no idea what FOUO is to begin with.  Once they sit through 5 days of DOD force protection and information protection training, then maybe I will listen to what they think FOUO means. 

What's up monkeys?

NIN

Quote from: edmo1 on March 24, 2008, 11:35:40 AM
Heh, we don't have to worry about FOUO with our floor plan, it's a double-wide sitting in a rental car parking lot, next to the airport. Or do we?  :D

Officer #1: "Oh, you have a double wide... We have to make due with a closet."
Officer #2: "At least you have a closet.  At my squadron, there's 74 of us, all crammed together in the middle of a drill hall, surrounded on all sides by equipment and vehicles."
Officer #3: "Luxury....  At least you've got a drill hall. All we have is a shoebox in the middle of a car park."

Why am I suddenly channeling Graham Chapman?

O

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Finally found the files for the squadron's trailer park dive... :)

This is just the first floor.  2nd floor would overlook the drill hall over top of the front offices and would have classrooms and some other features.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

And, for more giggles, here are Phase I (we have money) and Phase II (we have *more* money) plans for a Wing HQ.

Phase I would be just the HQ building, Phase II is the hangar.   Of course, the hangar could get built first. :)

(you will note as you go down the wing toward logistics, the function becomes more operationally oriented. The idea was that the work area and all the offices along that right hand side would be setup so that in the event of an operational mission, you could be doing GT & aircrew briefs/debriefs in these offices (ie. the Aerospace section's office can become a nice small briefing room), the aircrews preparing to go out can be doing their stuff in the flight briefing area (with direct access to the flight line), the "work area" can become sort of a bullpen area, and you can use the conference room or briefing room for the IC, etc.)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Fifinella

Quote from: NIN on March 26, 2008, 02:36:12 AM
Finally found the files for the squadron's trailer park dive... :)

This is just the first floor.  2nd floor would overlook the drill hall over top of the front offices and would have classrooms and some other features.
And I thought 2 story trailers were only in the South... ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/denisemar10/4748379/
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

NIN

Quote from: Fifinella on March 26, 2008, 05:46:31 AM
And I thought 2 story trailers were only in the South... ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/denisemar10/4748379/

Hehe, caught me on that.

After thinking about this particular building for a bit, there are 8-10 things that could be done differently (its an old design), but the general idea is that this could be built using a good sized steel building/pole barn-type building and sized somewhat to suit a site or geographic area.

Some things missing from that plan:

• a "mechanical" area for heating, cooling, electrical, etc;
  • a commo shack;
  • a kitchen or similar food-prep area;
  • an area for lockers or similar member gear storage (perhaps lining the walls of the drill hall?);
  • a large rolling door into the drill hall;
  • storage for "stuff" (chairs/tables, flag stands, AV equipment, etc);
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP