Main Menu

NBB Cost

Started by GrayMan22, December 31, 2018, 08:55:01 PM

GrayMan22

How much does it cost to attend NBB? I don't mean airfare and travel, but the actual cost to get in. Any help would be appreciated. -Gray

BraveRifles19D

Quote from: GrayMan22 on December 31, 2018, 08:55:01 PM
How much does it cost to attend NBB? I don't mean airfare and travel, but the actual cost to get in. Any help would be appreciated. -Gray
Did you look at the NCSA website? It's listed right on there.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

GrayMan22

Thanks I missed it when I was going over the websites. I did not realize it would cost that much. Is there any kind of financial aid I can get?

chacharoo

Quote from: GrayMan22 on December 31, 2018, 09:00:48 PM
Thanks I missed it when I was going over the websites. I did not realize it would cost that much. Is there any kind of financial aid I can get?

I don't think there's any assistance from NHQ. You might want to consider asking your squadron for help, I asked last year and they paid for half of the cost of a flight academy for me. It never hurts to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeders

Quote from: GrayMan22 on December 31, 2018, 09:00:48 PM
Is there any kind of financial aid I can get?

Yes there is. Part of the recently announced Youth Aviation Initiative includes funds to help cadets attend NCSAs for the purpose of aviation career exploration (NBB most certainly falls within this realm). You can find more information on that here and here.

The deadline to apply is January 15th, so time is limited.

Additionally, your squadron may be able to provide some limited scholarship funds to help you attend. This is hit or miss as squadron funds can range anywhere from 6 figures to the contents of the change dish.

Finally, since NBB requires you to be 16, then you are now or will shortly be working age. You might want to consider an after school or weekend job to help you save up for this.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

GrayMan22

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I will definitely look into those links