Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: davidsinn on July 31, 2011, 11:58:55 PM
Your water bill is going to be obscene this month...

Yeah - and my neighbor's.  They let me use their hose to fill it so it only took about 10 hours.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2011, 12:19:03 AM

Yeah - and my neighbor's.  They let me use their hose to fill it so it only took about 10 hours.

Is doing something like that considered friendly fire, or just friendly fools?  >:D

So, you are opening this up to any visiting CT members, correct?

Eclipse

It's called - "Don't be at your summer house when my pool is empty..."
(I'm their "for free, 11 O'clock at night IT guy", and "is the power on house checker", etc.)

Use of the pool requires a health screening and a reservation.  FYI - the health screening is after you swim, since there's now enough
chemicals in it make it a HAZMAT area. 

10% discount for CAP members.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2011, 12:33:19 AM

10% discount for CAP members.

Someone ping NHQ about this deal!

:p

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2011, 12:19:03 AM

I don't know about your area but in some areas here you can get a meter from the water department and tap a fire hydrant to fill up your pool. It's cheaper than filling it through your house meter. Might be worth checking into :).

Eclipse

I think we can do that here, too.  And there are services that will come and fill it from rain water or towns where the water is "cheaper".
That hydrant water isn't always the cleanest, though, unless you do it right after they flush.

prob only about $10 to fill it.

"That Others May Zoom"

cust0s

Sure, here's some...

Before the big wedding day:

Preparing for a flight in Michigan:

First CAP flight:

2nd year of AFROTC:
Captain, CAP
Deputy Commander, et al.
--
Ph.D. Student (Criminology), LAW, M.A., CERT., B.A.
AFROTC, Cadet (2001-2004)
--
The post above and beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

My "office" for the next two days...

The glamour of showbidniz.
http://www.brandsourceconvention.com/

Vegas is a Pepsi town with few Starbuck's, not exactly Eclipseville,

And Lordmonor...could you please turn up the air or open a window?  It's 108° as I write this.
The water in the Mirage fountains was so warm that the breeze coming off of it was hot instead of cool, and
the spray misters in the front of Ceasars are evaporating before they get down to the ground.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

If you're at the Convention Center, walk to the big Hilton sign, (soon to be bye-bye, Hilton dumped them effective 31-Dec), go across the street ... with a huge refillable insulated cup.

Eclipse

I'm at Ceasars - I stayed near the Hilton end in February, though I did walk all the way back down there last night to have dinner at Peppermill and get my wife some shakers to give to her friends as gifts (which resulted in my hand-carrying about 4 pounds of sugar all the way "home".

I saw the article about Hilton dumping them, will be interesting to see what becomes of the world's largest neon sign.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

But, Bob, "it's a dry heat."   >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on August 30, 2011, 10:53:43 PM
But, Bob, "it's a dry heat."   >:D

Yeah.  Heh, yeah.  A woman behind me last night described it as "walking through a hair dryer" (winds right now around 18Mph.

I drank about 1/2 gallon of lemonade with dinner.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 30, 2011, 10:43:40 PM

With the Xoom for the smooth jazz ;D.

I'd have to "suck it in" quite a bit to work in that place...

PHall

Hey Bob, it IS a desert you know. And deserts in the Northern Hemisphere do tend to be just a bit on the broiling side this time of year.
Why do you think the hotel room rates are so low this time of year! >:D

SAR-EMT1

At work

[attachment deleted by admin]
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

futura

][/img]

Jamie Hurley

Might as well contribute. That's me commanding my drill team at the 2008 National Cadet Competition.

And me with a couple of my best buds at a bit of a CAP reunion.

National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644

Cool Mace

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 05:59:14 PM
Might as well contribute. That's me commanding my drill team at the 2008 National Cadet Competition.

And me with a couple of my best buds at a bit of a CAP reunion.

Is that Matt Bricker?
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Jamie Hurley

Yes it is. He's the blurry faced second element leader in the first picture as well. He commanded the drill team at NCC in 2010. The other dude is my best friend Cameron Philips, who I'm sure many people here know as well. He commanded the team at NCC in 2006 and 2007 and is the first element leader in the first picture.
National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644