Main Menu

NCSA Dropped Off

Started by xray328, February 23, 2019, 01:04:54 PM

xray328

My daughter was contacted by an activity director last night because she dropped off their list and he asked if she removed herself.  That activity was her number two choice on her preference list.  Now number two is missing, it goes from one to three.  She had three flight academies on there, the other two are still there.   Does anyone know what could have happened?

She could manually add the activity back to the list but I was thinking that might not be a good idea during slotting since it would trigger the unit/wing approval deal.  We thought it might be a glitch in the system but if she's not on the activity directors list either we thought something else might be going on.

jaglvr

my daughter's are hidden with "no peeking" so how can you see her options?

Capmonkey

Quote from: jaglvr on February 23, 2019, 05:53:28 PM
my daughter's are hidden with "no peeking" so how can you see her options?

^^ For me as well

xray328

When you get to the registration page and see the "No peeking..." click "Application"

xray328

NHQ said she's still being considered, maybe just a slotting week hiccup with e-services.  Surprised they replied on a Saturday.

Capmonkey

Just out of curiosity, as a first time NCSA applicant, when do applicants normally hear about their status for NCSA's?

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Capmonkey on February 23, 2019, 10:38:04 PM
Just out of curiosity, as a first time NCSA applicant, when do applicants normally hear about their status for NCSA's?

Yes, they will be notified what they were chosen as a primary for. If they weren't chosen for a primary, they will be notified if they were chosen for an alternate.
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

xray328

March 1st (or 2nd or 3rd).

MSG Mac

Everybody who applied and is not selected is listed as an alternate. If the primary(s) fail to send in all their paperwork, money, etc. by the deadline, they go on to the alternates
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

The Aviator

I applied to the Honor Guard Academy for this summer, before the deadline and got no response after the slotting. It didn't appear on my "applied" despite actually applying. It was first on my list and have not been put as alternate either...

Eclipse

Quote from: The Aviator on March 22, 2019, 05:19:06 PM
I applied to the Honor Guard Academy for this summer, before the deadline and got no response after the slotting. It didn't appear on my "applied" despite actually applying. It was first on my list and have not been put as alternate either...

Which one?  HGA is a per-region activity now.

"That Others May Zoom"