AETCF 341

Started by floridacyclist, August 11, 2007, 11:21:42 PM

floridacyclist

Remember 341s? Lt Floyd found a source for them and wants me to convert them to PDF so she can print them in bulk.
Quote- Shorning For what purpose?  What do they provide that can't be done in a more appropriate way?
Not sure what is inappropriate about the excellence/disrepancy report. WIWAC, we all carried 3 of them in our shirt pocket and staff could pull one if they saw us do something good or bad and then turn them in to the DCC. They let the DCC know what we were up to when he wasn't there and keep track of our attaboys or dings just like merits/demerits.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

MIKE

Some people don't think they work very well, and have a tendency to be abused... but if you have a copy that is in PDF instead of the original IMT that you can attach, some people might like to try 'em.

I still have an unused 341 tacked to my cork board from my cadet daze.
Mike Johnston

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Tim Medeiros

this may also help, AFROTC 341
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

ZigZag911

With CAP cadet encampments, my observation over many years has been that 341 forms turn either into a bit of a game or joke, OR are used as a tool o intimidation by insecure.inexperienced cadet staffers (occasionally seniors, too!)

In general good instruction, mentoring (including peer mentoring) and appropriate counseling (unkempt appearance can be handled by flight staff; repeated insubordination may eventually require interbention by commandant of cadets or chaplain) are far more effective teaching tools and behavior modifiers.

floridacyclist

Sounds like y'alls were almost always used negatively. We tried to keep as high a score as possible for getting them pulled for good things.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

PHall

Even in the "real" Air Force, if AETC can be called "real", they get abused.
Yeah, they're supposed to be given out when you do something right, but very few are.
If I had to put a number on it I would say that maybe 1 out of 5 is a positive 341.

ZigZag911

If they were in fact used more for positive reinforcement, then they would be a useful training tool.