Another questionable CAP firing

Started by dwb, April 01, 2007, 12:08:08 PM

dwb

Pumbaa

Call me old fashioned...

And I know it is April Fools day...

Is that really appropriate to place on what looks to be an official CAP squadron website?  In reading the whole thing it is sort of funny, but in reality does it reflect the professionalism we desire?

I go back and forth how I feel about it.... Considering some of the allegations and investigations going on in CAP at the moment with TP, etc... is spoofing that subject matter the best thing to do?

Yeah perhaps I am an old fart...

I think just posting it here would have been funny for sure...

>>>>
QuoteSquadron Commander Relieved
Posted April 1, 2007

Maj Jones and Bert

Maj John Jones, Commander of the Syracuse Cadet Squadron, has been relieved of his duties effective April 1, 2007, for allegations that he is connected to a vast criminal conspiracy involving a double agent known only as "Bert".

"The only thing that's certain is that there has been communication between Maj Jones and Bert", said Maj Lawrence Model, New York Wing Inspector General. "We will launch a full-on investigation to determine the nature of their correspondence."

Osama bin Laden and Bert

The investigation will be part of a larger look into the connections Bert has established over the years, both in the United States and abroad. It has long been suspected that Bert was a key advisor to elusive al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Maj Jones has been a member of CAP since 1987. He has been Commander of the Syracuse squadron since September 2005, when he relieved Capt Daniel Brodsky, who is believed to be the best Commander in the history of the unit, and is now responsible for the squadron's web site. "I hear he's in the 95th percentile for awesomeness", squadron Deputy Commander 1st Lt Kate Reed said of Brodsky.
[/i]

BillB

NOTE:   As of 0802 EDT today, the black van from Maxwell was seen heading to upstate New York. There were three CAP members abord all wearing TPU.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

dwb

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on April 01, 2007, 12:48:04 PMIn reading the whole thing it is sort of funny, but in reality does it reflect the professionalism we desire?

Fun != Unprofessional

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on April 01, 2007, 12:48:04 PMConsidering some of the allegations and investigations going on in CAP at the moment with TP, etc... is spoofing that subject matter the best thing to do?

1. No one outside of CAP junkies knows anything about the allegations you refer to.  Certainly, members of my squadron and their families (the target audience for the web site) don't know anything about it.

2. I'm not spoofing anything.  Or was I not paying attention when someone accused the CAP/CC of working with bin Laden?

Besides, I got the Commander's blessing before it went up.  ;)

JohnKachenmeister

The CAP/CC is working with bin Laden?

Does that mean that we no longer have to evaluate "Landing techniques" during CAP Form 5 rides?

Wow... I can't wait to flash this to "News of the Force!"
Another former CAP officer

Monty

Meh.....once a year, my true allegiance shows....most never find it, but I'll help y'all out:

http://sq36.cawg.cap.gov/contacts.html

(Granted it's not Sesame Street, but don't cross me or I'll choke ya without so much as a thought...)

JohnKachenmeister

I'm not sure about how you look in that TPU, Mike, but that's a really good-looking web page!
Another former CAP officer

Monty

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 01, 2007, 02:29:54 PM
I'm not sure about how you look in that TPU, Mike, but that's a really good-looking web page!

I suppose I could wear the REAL TPU after Friday night's (30 Mar 07) banquet.........I've been feeling a breeze lately.

http://sq36.cawg.cap.gov/senacommand.html

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

afgeo4

You know, I always suspected there was something going on. There was a faint smell of Sesame in the air.
GEORGE LURYE

ZigZag911

Rumor has it the brains of the operations is a shadowy character known as 'Ernie'!

afgeo4

GEORGE LURYE