How long will NHQ wait to actually take proper steps to implement "policy"?

Started by RiverAux, March 22, 2007, 03:15:56 AM

RiverAux

Okay, we seem to have at least two instances where one of our many governing boards may or may not have formally approved some change in CAP policy but have failed to issue appropriate regulations or policy letters.

1.  Taking USAF Aux off the tails of CAP airplanes.  Supposedly approved in 2006, but there has been no regulation change or policy letter issued.  In fact, the Feb 2006 policy letter telling you where to put the USAF Aux decals is still current and on the CAP website.  I'm really beginnig to wonder if this was just an urban legend or maybe they changed their minds on it. 

Has anyone actually seen USAF taken off one of their aircraft tails?   

2.  US Civil Air Patrol name tapes.  Approved at the NB but Vanguard is already selling them but no policy letter or regulation change has been issued.  Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

3.  On the positive side, an issue raised here a few months ago ---
Aircraft door emblem -- just recently they finally got around to issuing a policy letter authorizing the change in the door emblems to the US Civil Air Patrol command patch version.  The letter was actually kind of poor in not actually saying what the change was, but is better than nothing. 

Tubacap

I just saw a freshly painted 182RG and it had the CAP Command shield on the door with nothing on the tail.

It was kind of saddening.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

SAR-EMT1

IIRC the planes aren't just going to change-poof- the paint jobs get done during a maintenance period. Don't ask me which one.

As for the uniform tapes- YOU MEAN VANGUARD HAS PICTURES OF SOMETHING ON THEIR SITE?!  :P
DEFINATELY PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Psicorp

All the MIWG aircraft I've seen so far all have USAF Aux on the tail. 

As of last night, the US Civil Air Patrol tapes are listed in the Knowledgebase as is the change in the CAC ribbon wear authorization.    Since our Wing Conference is next week, I asked for a 2A to wear the CAC ribbon and was asked, "is it Reg?"  and I was left with..."well, umm...there's this semi-unofficial letter that isn't signed by anyone....".   
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

biZarre

Minnesota Wing has a few aircraft with CIVIL AIR PATROL on the tail.  A good amount of the vans have the new CAP Shield on them as well. 
Doug Kilian, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Minnesota Wing