Now you can really fly your desk...

Started by Lancer, March 15, 2007, 07:19:38 PM

Lancer

Check out this site... don't drool on yourselves now...

http://www.motoart.com

If you want to buy any of this stuff, I hope you have deep pockets.  :o :o :o

Very nice stuff indeed.

MIKE

I think these are the same guys who had a show on the Discovery Channel or TLC a while back.  Wingnuts or something.

I like the "Get Bombed" table.  ;D
Mike Johnston

Lancer

Quote from: MIKE on March 15, 2007, 07:52:11 PM
I think there are the same guys who had a show on the Discovery Channel or TLC a while back.  Wingnuts or something.

I like the "Get Bombed" table.  ;D

Yep, Wing Nuts, I think I seen an episode or two before it went away. Would be cool if they re-ran it. If they are still around when I hit it big, I'm going to have them furnish large parts of my home.  ;D

MIKE

Need one of the B-52 office chairs for when things get bad on the forum.  :D
Mike Johnston

A.Member

Sweet!   

...but their prices do look to be a bit excessive.  I bet a resourceful enough guy could build something similar on his own for much cheaper.  Hmmm....
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

SarDragon

Availability of the raw materials is a big part of the cost. Where are you going to get the basic parts to work with? Oh, yeah, just run right down to your local surplus store and buy a B-52 ejection seat.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DNall

buy it as scap metal after the thing is smashed up to comply with nuke treaty, same as those guys did. Use what you want, scrap the rest.

A.Member

Quote from: SarDragon on March 16, 2007, 07:22:31 AM
Availability of the raw materials is a big part of the cost. Where are you going to get the basic parts to work with? Oh, yeah, just run right down to your local surplus store and buy a B-52 ejection seat.
Actually, I was just thinking from an aviation standpoint.  There are lots of boneyards to obtain parts from and refurbish, especially when they have no other practical value for reuse.   I mean really, does it matter if a desk is made from a B-52 flap or a 727 flap?  Either way it looks cool.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."