New Senior Member Kits - Next Step CD??

Started by Thom, August 06, 2009, 04:47:34 PM

Thom

Hello all, I'm updating some new member documentation for my wing and I had a simple question.

Does National still include the Next Step CD in the new senior member kits?

I joined a few months ago and didn't get one in mine, but I wanted to be sure they had really discontinued this practice completely before I include it in the documentation.  It is always possible that I just got shorted a CD!

Thanks!

Thom Hamilton

capn_shad

I know they still list it as part of the package, but I didn't get one either when I joined at the end of March.  Neither did the other new SM who joined in January and March.
CAPT Shad L. Brown
Public Affairs Officer
Pueblo Eagles Composite Squadron

Airrace

Pylon

Quote from: Airrace on August 06, 2009, 10:19:34 PM
I never recieved one.

I wouldn't imagine that information is particularly helpful to the OP without the frame of reference of your approximate join date.   ;)

If they're not including them in the recent packets, my personal guess would be because there are some outdated publications on there.  They might be holding off sending out the CD with the outdated materials to reduce potential confusion to new members.  Just a guess.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

cap235629

Quote from: Pylon on August 06, 2009, 10:57:36 PM
Quote from: Airrace on August 06, 2009, 10:19:34 PM
I never recieved one.

I wouldn't imagine that information is particularly helpful to the OP without the frame of reference of your approximate join date.   ;)

If they're not including them in the recent packets, my personal guess would be because there are some outdated publications on there.  They might be holding off sending out the CD with the outdated materials to reduce potential confusion to new members.  Just a guess.

Stop trying to insert common sense, this is CAP!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Capt Rivera

Granted I think it is a good move to include the CD for new members...

I believe it would be a great idea for the CD to be available for download. I'm sure there is enough FTP space around to distribute bandwidth use if that is a concern and there is always "introducing technology" like bittorrent... (Yea i know, what's a *.tor right?) ;)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Daniel

Quote from: RiveraJ on August 07, 2009, 01:34:24 PM
Granted I think it is a good move to include the CD for new members...

I believe it would be a great idea for the CD to be available for download. I'm sure there is enough FTP space around to distribute bandwidth use if that is a concern and there is always "introducing technology" like bittorrent... (Yea i know, what's a *.tor right?) ;)

I would love to offer it myself on my hosting :3
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Thrashed

Save the triangle thingy

Nathan

Didn't a NCSA class develop the Next Step CD?

Not to say it couldn't be useful to new SM's, but it might explain why it's been only distributed to cadets hencefar.

If you want a CD, why not just ask NHQ for one? I highly doubt they'll have a problem sending one out to you.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

flyboy76

I joined in March 2009 and did not receive the CD.
2d Lt Matt Corlett
GLR-OH-085/PD
Columbus Senior Squadron