cadet grade now visible in Member search

Started by Tim Medeiros, April 15, 2008, 06:31:35 PM

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: Camas on April 15, 2008, 09:08:33 PM
Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on April 15, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
Sure do wish they would give Deputy Commanders the same access as Commanders, lot more would get done that way.
If you're listed as a deputy commander for cadets under "duty assignments" in e-services you should have exactly the same access to the "cadet promotions" restricted application as the unit commander.  You might want to check and ensure you're assigned in that position.  There are four separate permissions and you should  have all four assigned to you.

I'm still waiting on my ES officer applications, and I was listed as ES officer 3 months before I became Deputy Commander.  :'(
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

RiverAux

There is a lot of value in keeping as many records as possible in the national system, but with something that changes as often as cadet rank, I'm not sure the effort is worth whatever reward there might be. 

mikeylikey

^ If it were mandatory to begin doing Cadet Promotions in the New Services section, then the value of the Cadet Rank feature would be excellent.  But no, NHQ invents a tool that "may or may not be used" depending on how the SQD CC or Deputy CC is feeling.  Good to go NHQ!   :clap: :clap: :clap:
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 16, 2008, 06:09:53 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to give the permissions to the personnel officer as opposed to the administration officer?

Probably, but if your unit is like most that I've seen; it will go to the same person.

However, I do know what you mean.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Matt

Quote from: ♠Recruiter♠ on April 16, 2008, 12:17:11 PM
I can only do unit Admin through the WMU. I'm not going to complain about not having certain permissions. For me, it'll just be kicking sand up in clean water.

That's ok... I was going through some records for GLR Cadet Comp and ran into something similar... apparently the server updates accordingly...  and Cadets will show with C/<Grade>.  Though, I haven't figured out if it also works if you update it with WMU... maybe I'll try next weekend...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Jimbo

To summarize, basically the reason why C/SSgt shows up more than anything else, is because the Milestone Awards, or where you submit paperwork to national documenting achievements is what NHQ will update for you if the eServices Cadet Promotions tracker is not utilized... so all in all, it will depict who is a Cadet Airman, who is a Cadet NCO, and who is a Cadet Officer.. mostly accurate
James Keohane, Lt Col, CAP (Maj, USAFR)
Wing Director of Cadet Programs
Chief of Curriculum/Chief Instructor, Cadet Officer School
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Units: VA-001, VA-025, TX-023, MA-015, MA-070, MA-032
Billy Mitchell (#49097); Amelia Earhart (#12098); Gen Ira C Eaker (#1239)

addo1

Well, lets see.. eservices showed one of my chiefs as a Senior Member Major...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

addo1

Quote from: addo1 on July 12, 2008, 01:33:59 AM

Well, lets see.. eservices showed one of my chiefs as a Senior Member Major...

Let me add, that I am not sure what happened, but it is now fixed.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010