CAPWATCH DownLoads to change 7 Apr 08

Started by Tim Medeiros, March 24, 2008, 08:21:22 PM

Tim Medeiros

Apparently they are giving us access to more information in CAPWATCH DownLoad as well as consolidating the three individual downloads into one.  See link in eServices News for details.

Thoughts?  I wonder how long it will take for SIMS to be updated.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

NIN

Hopefully the table structures & names don't change too much.  I have a lightweight front-end that talks to CAPWATCH for a variety of things (rosters, OPSEC reports, etc) and I'd sure hate to have to re-write ALL that stuff...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RiverAux

Three downloads?  I've been downloading them monthly for several years and only get one data file. 

Short Field

I have to rewrite my stuff as well.  At least they provided a decent list of data fields and changes.

I have only been downloading the main CAPWATCH file to use in my excel spreadsheet.  I do download the Tasks file when I use SIMS.  Never saw or needed the third file.  Maybe I should have...  ;)

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Tim Medeiros

Just received word that included in this update the scope of Group will be recognized in this update, CAP/IT worked on that functionality yesterday.
1577/2811

NIN

I just read the notice, looks like they may be dropping off some tables that we don't need, etc....

(ie. the data can be found elsewhere in the database..)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Tubacap

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on March 27, 2008, 08:25:58 PM
Just received word that included in this update the scope of Group will be recognized in this update, CAP/IT worked on that functionality yesterday.

That is outstanding!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

captrncap

I download it today and didn't see any changes. Anyone know when?

SarDragon

Quote from: captrncap on April 09, 2008, 04:51:55 PM

It helps to log on to eServices once in a while, and read the eServices News, right in the middle of the page.

Regarding the subject at hand: "New - CAPWATCH Download changes April 9, 2008. This is pushed back because of database server upgrade scheduled for Monday, April 7th. We apologize."

In another, OT, bit of news, there is a new reg on the street: CAPR 35-10, 7 Apr 08, Ethics Policy.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

captrncap

Quote from: SarDragon on April 09, 2008, 08:41:39 PM

It helps to log on to eServices once in a while, and read the eServices News, right in the middle of the page.

Regarding the subject at hand: "New - CAPWATCH Download changes April 9, 2008. This is pushed back because of database server upgrade scheduled for Monday, April 7th. We apologize."

Hey what's with the attitude.... today is APRIL 9.

RickFranz

I just spent some time downloading the new Beta 5.(something) SIMS version then downloaded a new capwatch into it and after all was said and done, I was really disappointed.  Everything looked the same, there was zero for ES info.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I've been using SIMS for over a year and really like it.  I guess it was just a little bit of a let down.
:(
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

SarDragon

Quote from: captrncap on April 10, 2008, 12:21:34 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on April 09, 2008, 08:41:39 PM

Hey what's with the attitude.... today is APRIL 9.

Sorry, I'm a day off. It's been a hard week.

I just did my own download, and it didn't look like it was supposed to. Also, it didn't come with the caprpt.mdb file that came with it in the past. (Yes, it's been a long time since I did a CAPWATCH d/l. My current version isn't working either, so don't know how to fix it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Tim Medeiros

1577/2811

Capt_Redfox30

has anybody actually downloaded it yet?  It keeps timing out for me.
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

captrncap

Quote from: Capt_Redfox30 on April 18, 2008, 02:10:42 AM
has anybody actually downloaded it yet?  It keeps timing out for me.

Same Here !!!

Tim Medeiros

As of 9pm Central time, they were aware of the problem (with it timing out) and are working on correcting it

yes, 9PM, their time, almost didn't believe it myself when I got the response from the help desk
1577/2811

Tim Medeiros

Just got this response through my query in the help desk,

"We reverted back to the old one. I think the problems we had there (old server, download) are related to the ones we had on the new, but did not realize it. There is a memory leak in the code, either in our DLL or one of the DLL's referenced in the our code. That is what we are going to attempt to fix before placing the "new" online again."
1577/2811

MIKE

Can anyone confirm if they did in fact revert to the old style of download?
Mike Johnston

jeders

yes they did. Actually they reverted while I was downloading the new CAPWATCH for my squadron. I started downloading the new one, then after it eventually timed out I went back to retry and it had been reverted.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SarDragon

Does anyone have any answers on my caprpt.mdb problem?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret