Group/Squadron/Flight Commander Term Limits

Started by Tim Medeiros, January 03, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 16, 2013, 07:44:30 PM
Dang SarDragon, you the winner of the "Salty Dog" award. Any comments?

Yeah, 7170 of them.

I'm retired. Most of the other frequent posters allegedly have full time jobs. Ever wonder how they manage so many posts?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

2600 posts in 5 years...500 per year. Under 2 per day. Some days 15, some months none..

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on January 16, 2013, 08:12:32 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on January 16, 2013, 07:44:30 PM
Dang SarDragon, you the winner of the "Salty Dog" award. Any comments?

Yeah, 7170 of them.

I'm retired. Most of the other frequent posters allegedly have full time jobs. Ever wonder how they manage so many posts?

Not being engaged in social nonsense is a good place to start.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on January 16, 2013, 08:21:20 PM
Not being engaged in social nonsense is a good place to start.

Dave has 7100 posts. And he's active on FB.

I have 2100, and I'm active on FB (and retired from CAP now).

Your point?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on January 16, 2013, 08:38:29 PM
Your point?

Well, the insinuation, made occasionally, is how someone with high post counts can possibly sustain employment, CAP activities, etc.

And my response is that this is literally the only forum I participate in, have no involvement in the social nonsense, and having a tab open here isn't exactly a huge drain on resources.  My employment tends to be lots of waiting punctuated by periods of short-bursts of activity, and then more waiting.

A fair number of people here participate actively in lots of other military, gaming, political, aviation, etc., etc., forums, plus MyBook, Twitspace, Google-, etc.    Add up that time and it would make my time here look pretty mild.  I'm not closing this tab and then checking status on 12 other sites.

I only ad hominem here.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Well, i have a full time job. My work involves a Computer, so yes, access to the internet is a plus. I have to be carefull the government monitors there computer  :-X
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

johnnyb47

"Book-face, *pssshhh*... Book-face is of the DEVIL. It's not for mah Bobby Bouchette!"  >:D

I keep up with Family and post pictures on facebook. Otherwise I'm with Eclipse. I have too much going on to get wrapped up in social media.

To be on-topic, I'm a fan of term limits. I believe that if it weren't for term limits and some careful watching, none of us (squadron mates and me) would ever have the opportunity to command. Our current commander inherited nothing but problems from two people who kept passing command back and forth. While they may have done a great job with many things they sure didn't have much of a contingency/continuity plan.
Our current commander has basicaly turned the squadron into a turn-key opportunity for the next in line and has been training replacements since day 1.
She's my personal hero. :)
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a2capt

It's kinda funny, I think. From the perspective of that's all I've ever known. In the 11 years I've been here, I've seen 6 CC's at my unit. Some have run out their terms, others were pushed from their terms.

Over all, I see absolutely no problem with it. We've had our weak eras, and our strong ones. It's the strong ones that help us with the weak ones, and the weak ones that help us with the strong ones.

What are we doing right, what are we doing wrong, and what are we not doing at all, that we really should be. The Commander is just one part of a well oiled, well timed engine just firing away.  Yes, the CC is responsible for the unit, and answers above, but the CC can't do their job without a support staff and communication, at least in the larger units, though I'd apply that all the way down the line. Changing out a piece of it every so often is par for the course.