Is it absolutly required for me to fill out my blood type on my F15?

Started by Titan 25, March 01, 2010, 06:38:05 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 07, 2010, 08:47:59 PM
Why do we even need SSN's for CAP?  Not like CAP has any way of verifying them.  We dont even use SSN numbers for anything in LE.

When will CAP learn.  A CAP ID card with your ID AND your photo.  Every CAP ID should be issued with a photo.  Case closed.  Abandon those useless non-photo CAP ID cards and just make the photo ID card that we pay $2 for the standard issue.

They are required for the From12 and Form 15, so there is some vetting possible. It also goes on the FD258.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

When you are someone else's guest, and the facility is a secure military base, you don't argue about what the host needs in terms of identity verification.

The SSN (usually last 4 digits) for an MSA is a requirement of the host facility, not CAP.  The Board debated this issue last year, and it was pointed out that if we want to continue to play with DoD toys, we will do what we are told.

In a CAP context, I have no need or use for an SSN for the average activity.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 07, 2010, 08:47:59 PM
Why do we even need SSN's for CAP?  Not like CAP has any way of verifying them.  We dont even use SSN numbers for anything in LE.

When will CAP learn.  A CAP ID card with your ID AND your photo.  Every CAP ID should be issued with a photo.  Case closed.  Abandon those useless non-photo CAP ID cards and just make the photo ID card that we pay $2 for the standard issue.

Don't we get our FECA coverage from the SSA? Wouldn't an SSN be required for that?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn